Arlo allows you to create events which include multiple sessions and optional extras. For example, you can manage a event where the registrants can choose from a range of sessions and optional extras that can each have their own price.
A registration for this type of event creates a 'parent' registration for the overarching event (e.g. the conference), and a 'child' registration for the session(s) that they choose.
Registrants will have a choice of the sessions they attend, and receive event instructions with the details of each individual session they have been registered on.
Example of a Multiple Sessions with an Option item Event Registration Form:
If you need a multi-session event and would like registrants to have no choice of the sessions they are registering on, learn how to setup a multi-session event with no choice of options.
The following instructions describe how to set up an advanced event with Sessions and Options.
Important: If you have setup a multi-session event before, you will not have to setup a new one each time you need to run it. Learn how to copy sessions to a new event from a previous multi-session event.
- From the main menu select Events.
- Press New Event.
- Select New Public Event or New Private Event and press Next.
- From the Options section, select Multiple Sessions and then select Choice of Options.
- Enter the price of the overarching event. Note: You can also add a price to individual sessions later in the process.
- Press Next.
- Choose the website display options and the category for the event, and whether you want the registrants to be able to create leads for this event.
- Enter the duration, summary, and description for your event. Note: This is for the overarching event, not the individual sessions. Press Next.
- Press Add Session.
- Enter the details of the 1st Session choice including date/time, presenter, price and registration details. Note: If you have set a price on the event, you can have an additional price on each session - ensure that if you only want a price on the event, you leave sessions with no price or registrants will be charged for both. If you are setting up a private event, make the sessions 'free', as private event orders do not take consideration of individual session prices.
- If registrants must attend a certain session:
- Open the session by clicking on the name.
- Tick Registrants must attend.
- You can also then hide this session from the website if needed by deselecting Accept website registrations. Note: If must attend is selected, the registrant will be automatically registered for the session even if the session is hidden.
- Press Save Session.
- Continue to add sessions for each option available in the event.
- To add optional extras to the event:
- Press Add Options.
- Enter the name of the option, e.g. Text book, add a price for the item, set a maximum registration limit if applicable, and choose whether the registrants can buy more than one item.
- Press Save option.
- Continue to add options for each available on the event.
- Continue through the rest of the Event Wizard and complete the event setup.
Note: You will only be charged one registration credit for registrations on advanced events. They are not charged per session. Transfers are not available between multiple session events with a choice of options.
Other articles that may be helpful: