The following instructions describe how to set up a discount that applies to people who register at a certain amount of time before an event starts (an early-bird, or a last minute discount).
The discount will only be available on the event (and appear in the website price list) during the time that you set. For example, if you set an early-bird discount for registrations received more than 30 days after an event, the discount will automatically be removed from the price list when the event is 29 days away.
- From the Orders menu, select Discounts.
- Press New Discount.
- Enter a name and description for the discount.
- The type of discount should remain Apply this discount to x individual registrations.
- In the Calculation section, enter the amount of the discount you would like to apply.
- From the Criteria section, select Apply the discount automatically when specific criteria are met.
- From the list of criteria, in the Registration section, select the type of discount you want to apply, and enter the amount of time the discount should apply for.
- Complete the remaining sections of the discount wizard.
- Press Save.
Note: The discount applies to the time that the person registers, and doesn't take into account when they pay.
Other articles that may be helpful: