If you use SurveyMonkey, read about our SurveyMonkey integration instead.
Creating a Survey Template
Arlo recommends creating a survey template for each event template in the Arlo system that you will want to send evaluations/ surveys for.
FluidSurveys custom templates are created from existing surveys.
- Create a new survey.
- See FluidSurveys' documentation on the Editor for details on how to add and configure questions.
- Save the survey as a template. Giving the template the same name as the event template in Arlo will make finding the template in the future simpler.
Creating a Survey from a Template
Once you have created your survey templates, you'll be able to quickly and easily create a survey for each event.
- From the Surveys page, select New Survey
- From the Professional Templates list, select Custom Templates and select the template you wish to use;
- Enter the survey name. Using the event code from Arlo will help with organising and matching up your surveys to events.
- Select Create Survey
- If there are any changes you need to make (such as presenter name, venue name, etc.), edit the form now.
Configuring the Email Invitation
Once you have your survey configured, you will need to set up the email invitations. The import/ export functionalities within Arlo and FluidSurveys will make it simple to set the list of registrants from Arlo as your invite list.
First, you'll need to export the registrants from the event's page:
- From the Reports page, select Attendance Register
- Ensure report columns include at least name and e-mail
- Ensure report headers are turned off
- Select Export Excel
Next, import these contacts into FluidSurveys and continue configuring your evaluation.
- From within your survey editor window, select Invites
- From the Add Contacts menu, select Import Contacts.
- Select the file containing the data you exported from Arlo and select Add Imported Contacts
- Select the fields you wish to import into FluidSurveys
Note: Name and email must be imported, but add any additional fields in order to make your invitation email more personalised. Any column header can be used as a "place-holder" and will be replaced with the correct data in the email.
- Select Add Imported Contacts
- Enter your email message
Note: If you have sent a survey out previously, you can set the E-mail message by using the Load Previous Message menu.
- Select Preview & Send
- Select Send
Read more of FluidSurveys' help documentation to learn about scheduling and sending reminders to registrants, analysing your results, and more.