The following instructions describe how to create a group discount for (e.g.) four or more registrations on a specific event. This means that the registrations have to be on the same event for the discount to apply. For example 'Register 4 people on this event and pay a total of $200.'
Note: These discounts use an order level discount that means the discount will be taken off the order total rather than each registration, even if some events are not eligible for the discount. We do not recommend using this approach if you don't want the discount to be applied to other events, should the registrant choose to add another event to the same order.
- From the Orders menu, select Discounts.
- Press New Discount.
- Enter the details and criteria of the new discount.
- Enter a Name and Description for the discount.
- In the Type section, select the overall order.
- In the Calculation section, select Replace the order total with a new value and enter the value you want the total of the order to be, e.g. $200.00.
- In the Criteria section:
- Select Apply the discount automatically when specific criteria are met.
- Complete the Website, Availability, and Accounting sections of the new discount wizard.
- In the Events section:
- Select Specific events.
- Choose the events that this discount should apply to.
- Press Save.