The following article outlines how contact and organisation addresses behave in Arlo, and how you can report on them. If you want to collect the addresses of your registrants when they register online, add the contact address field to your registration forms.
In this Article:
- Contact Addresses
- Organisation Addresses
- Address Updates
- Derived Addresses for Reporting
- Export Contacts with Derived Addresses
- Configure Address Fields
On a contact, you can store a postal, and a work address (if enabled). Note: Work address is disabled by default, as Arlo can derive a contacts organisation address to use. Learn how to enable inactive fields.
On an organisation, you can store a postal and a physical address.
If the event is charged for, the order contact will be asked for their postal address as a part of the order details.
- If the order contact selects Organisation as the payer, the postal address they enter on the order details page will be assigned to the organisation, not the order contact. The order contact enters the address of the organisation through the order details when they register. If you want to protect the address you have for the organisation, you can prevent updates to this field.
- If the order contact selects Individual as the payer, the postal address they enter will be assigned to their own contact record. If the order contact is registering other people, this address will not be assigned to those contact records as well, only their own.
Derived/Combined Address for Reporting Purposes
Arlo allows you to report on and generates a list of contacts with an address that is either the organisation's postal address or, if one exists, the individual's postal address instead.
To add the derived address fields to this report, select the required columns in the Derived postal/organisation address section.
Export Contacts with Derived Addresses
- Read how to export contacts.
- Ensure to choose Export marketing information (CSV) from the list of export options. The derived address is not included in the other export formats.