In this article
The following article outlines how to use the event confirmation workflow for your events. This process is disabled by default.
- Event confirmation states and workflow
- Example of registration acknowledgement email
- Enable feature
- Confirm a tentative event
- View a list of events and their confirmation status
- Reporting on confirmed events
Arlo's event confirmation process allows you to accept registrations on an event while you wait to gather enough revenue from the event before confirming it. This is useful if you have to routinely cancel events due to not enough interest.
The event confirmation workflow is turned off by default so that all events are essentially confirmed unless you cancel them.
If you would like to use this feature, we recommend you contact Arlo Support to discuss testing the feature on a trial site first, so that you can test the feature out completely before turning it on for your existing events.
- This feature is only available on Professional and Enterprise plans.
- This feature, when turned on, applies to all future scheduled events and cannot be turned on and off per event.
- This feature does not apply to Online Activities.
Event confirmation states and workflow
State of event
|Draft||Allows an admin to create an event to be reviewed.||None|
|Approved||Event is ready to receive registrations.||
Tentative (Not Confirmed)
|Event can receive registrations but is in a tentative state and may be cancelled. Event confirmations not sent.||
Registrant: Once their order has been approved receive a 'Registration Acknowledgement' email advising them the event is not yet confirmed and may be cancelled, and they will receive event instructions if the event is confirmed to run. See example email.
Order Contact: Will receive a tax invoice (if your Arlo settings specify that Arlo should send tax invoices automatically).
Presenter and venue emails are not sent until you confirm the event.
Waiting List emails will still be sent if the event reaches the maximum registration limit while the event is still tentative.
|Confirmed||Event is confirmed to run.||
Existing registrations (received before the event was confirmed)
When you confirm the event, you will be given the option to:
* If you deselect these items, you will be able to send/export them manually from the order.
** If you deselect these items, you will not be able to send them manually later.
Registrations after the event is confirmed
Example: Registration Acknowledgement email sent to registrants (while event is not confirmed)
- Open the Settings menu.
- Click Events.
- From the General section, select Events must be confirmed.
- Press Save. When you turn on event confirmations, all existing events will be marked as confirmed. If you do not want this, please contact Arlo Support.
Hint: Use the minimum registration alert to let you know if you have not got the minimum number of registrants required by the time the event should be confirmed.
Confirm a tentative event
The following instructions describe how to confirm a tentative event.
- Open the Events menu.
- Find and select the event you would like to confirm.
- Click Confirm this event.
- Select the appropriate confirmation actions.
- Press Confirm event. Important: Communication associated with a confirmed event may take up to 15 minutes to be sent.
View a list of events and their confirmation status
- Open the Events menu.
- Your confirmed events will show a green tick to the left of the item in the list. Tentative (not confirmed) events will not have a green tick. Hint: You can apply filters only events which are confirmed or not confirmed.
Reporting on confirmed events
The Event List Report includes a filter and column for the event confirmation status. This enables you to either:
- Run a report to show a list of events that are only either confirmed or not confirmed (using the filter)