Arlo integrates with GoToWebinar so that your attendees and events in GoToWebinar will be synchronised with Arlo.
The following article describes how to set up your GoToWebinar integration if you have not previously used this feature. Read how to upgrade your existing integration to use Arlo's checkout instead.
Note: This integration is only with GoToWebinar, and will not work with meetings set up in GoToMeeting.
When you create your events in GoToWebinar, these events are automatically created in Arlo so that you can take registrations and payments for them on your Arlo website. Registration details are automatically sent to GoToWebinar so that your registrants only have to register once, and at the end of the event, GoToWebinar sends the attendance details automatically to Arlo.
Registrants must attend for at least 5 minutes to be marked as 'Attended'. If registrants do not enter the webinar or sign in for less than 5 minutes they will be marked as 'Not attended'. Attendance can take up to 30 minutes to be recorded in Arlo after a webinar.
Note: Links sent to registrants may take up to 15 minutes to become active after being sent from Arlo.
You can integrate with multiple GoToWebinar accounts on a single platform, but each Arlo admin can only sync with one GoToWebinar account.
Set up Integration
The following instructions describe how to set up and manage integration between Arlo and GoToWebinar.
- Select Settings from the main menu.
- Select GoToWebinar. You will be taken to the GoToWebinar Integration page.
- From the Settings tab, tick Enable GoToWebinar integration.
- In the Webinars section, select your preferred settings.
Note: We recommend that you select to create webinars in Arlo as draft events at least at first, so that you can check and approve the events before they appear on your public website.
- In the Templates section, select your preferred settings.
- Match webinars with existing templates in Arlo based on:
- Choosing to 'exact webinar/subject name' requires you to have exactly the same name for your webinar as in the event template in Arlo. Important: These must be exact matches, and that comes right down to space counts.
- Or, choosing 'a Arlo template code included in the webinar description' means you can have a different webinar name. To do this, you will need to add the Arlo template code into the webinar description in GoToWebinar. Insert the template code with a hash tag, e.g. #DEMO.
- If Arlo is unable to match a webinar with an existing template:
- Choosing 'create a new template' will automatically create a new template for you in Arlo to synchronise the even in Arlo with. You should open the template in Arlo to check and edit the details.
- Or, choosing 'do not create a new template' means that the webinar will be placed in to an errors list in Arlo where you can choose a template to add this webinar to once you have created it in Arlo. We recommend this option in most cases.
- In the Registrations section, select your preferred settings.
- Note: We recommend using Arlo checkout or quick registration process. If you do choose to use the GoToWebinar registration page, note that GoToWebinar only allows Arlo to pull through the name and email address fields, so any other fields you want to collect, e.g. job position, will not be updated in Arlo when the registration is pushed through from GoToWebinar.
- Press Save.
Arlo allows you to sync each organizer in GoToWebinar individually, so you can keep some webinars separate from Arlo. Note: Most GoToWebinar Accounts come with only one organizer. Read more on GoToWebinar pricing.
To add an organizer:
- Open Organizers from the vertical menu
- Press Add Organizer
- Select the Organizers name (as in GoToWebinar)
- Press Add Organizer.
- Log in with your GoToWebinar credentials.
If your webinars do not import, they will most likely have an error that you will need to resolve.
To access your webinar error log:
- Select Settings from the main menu
- Select GoToWebinar.
- Select the Log tab from the vertical menu
- Select the Errors tab
The errors will be displayed in red text within each webinar. The most common error is where you have your settings set to not create a new template if there is no matching template in Arlo. To resolve this, you will need to create the template in Arlo. Other errors can usually be resolved by clicking on the webinar in error and entering any missing information.
Schedule a Webinar
- Schedule a webinar from an existing event template in Arlo
- Schedule a webinar without an existing event template in Arlo
Cancel a Webinar
To cancel a webinar in Arlo, you need to cancel the webinar in GoToWebinar. The Webinar will automatically be removed from Arlo.
Other articles that may be helpful: