In this Article
- Event Pricing
- Change the Price of an Event (including Price per Event)
- Change the Price on a particular Event date
- Multiple Tax Rates? (including ability to list an Event with no tax)
- You may also be interested in Display Discounted Pricing
Prices can be set on an event including or excluding GST.
If your platform is set to display prices on your website, and send out tax invoices including tax - your event wizard should display 'including tax' by default.
If your platform is set to display prices on your website, and send out tax invoices excluding tax - your event wizard should display 'excluding tax' by default.
Contact Arlo Support if you need these settings changed.
On a public event, the price is set per registrant.
On a private event, the price is set per event and there is one order sent to the Key Contact of the Organisation the event was held for.
Arlo's multi-region feature allows you to list events across different world regions, each having its own currency, tax, and other settings.
If you are using a multi-region Arlo platform, you will be able to display a price per registrant per region on a public event, or a price per event per region (on a private event).
Arlo allows you to price events separately from their template.
For example, the standard price of the event at the template level of the event is $1000, but it costs you more to run in Sydney than in Wellington, so you are be able to price the Sydney date differently, e.g. $1200, without having to create a new template just for the Sydney location when it is the same event as in Wellington.
Note: The category pages on your website will still show the default template price, as these pages only show the template level of the event. If you want to change the price of all events on a template and therefore change the price that will show on your category pages, see the "Change the price on all events in a template" below. This will not change existing events.
The following instructions describe how to edit the price of a single event (not the template level) of an event that was created using the new 'New Event' wizard.
- Open the Event you would like to edit (not the template).
- Press Edit.
- Enter the new price per registrant, or if it is free, click Free event.
- Press Save.
If you change the price of an event date instead of the template, your website event catalogue pages will still show the price held against the template. If you have meant to change the standard price, you need to update the template as well.
Note: Changing a template price does not adjust the price of other scheduled events. These need to be done separately.
The following instructions describe how to change the price on a template.
- Open the Event Template you would like to edit.
- Press Edit.
- In the Price section, enter the new price.
- Press Save.
Example of Template Price on the Website:
Multiple Tax Rates? (or 0% Tax)
If you have events, or entities (contacts, organisations) which do not attract tax at all see Exclude Tax.
If you have an events that attract different rates, there are two options.
Option 1 - Multi-Region
If you run countries in multiple countries/geographical regions, Arlo can set up a region for each with their own tax rate, currency, and other organisation details details.
- You run most of your events in Australia and have to pay tax in Australia, you will have an Australia region in Arlo that will have a GST rate of 10%.
- You sometimes run events in New Zealand and do not have to pay tax in New Zealand, so you will have a New Zealand region with a tax rate of 0%.
Option 2 - Second Tax Rate
If your events are only in one country and some events do not attract tax, Arlo can set up a second tax rate of 0%. This will mean that you can create manual orders for registrations of these events and choose the 0% tax rate.
You can also choose to have 0% tax rate the default tax rate if most of your events are not taxable.
- Most of your events do not attract tax, so the main tax rate on your platform will be 0% and registrants will be able to register an pay normally from the website registration process and pay 0% tax.
- Some of your events attract tax, so you will list these events including GST with the 'Quick Registration' registration method so that registrants can register online and then you can manually create an order for each registration.