The following article describes how to sell:
- A Product as an Add-On to an Event Registration, for example, textbooks relevant to the course.
- A Product without/not related to an Event Registration, e.g. membership packages or professional services.
- Tickets to an Event, e.g a conference where you may or may not need to capture attendee details
Note: To report on options selected by registrants you can view and export registration option selections from the event home page.
- Select Events from the main menu.
- Select New Event
- Select New Public Event and whether or not you are using an existing template.
- Navigate to the General tab.
- In the Schedule section, select Multiple Sessions.
- then select Choice of options.
- Proceed to the Schedule tab.
- To add a session press Add Session.
- To add an option press Add Options.
- Enter the name of the option, e.g. Text book, add a price for the item, set a maximum registration limit if applicable, and choose whether the registrants can buy more than on item.
- Select Save Option.
- Complete the remaining steps in the event wizard.
- Press Create and Approve or Create as Draft.
Note: You can arrange the order of the options available on your registration form by price, or have them in alphabetical order (both either ascending or descending). To request changes to the way your options are displayed on your events contact Arlo Support.
We recommend testing this process on your platform with the activity hidden from the website to ensure the process works for you before you go ahead with selling items in this way.
- Create an Online Activity
- On the General step, enter the name and details of the item, changing the terminology from online activity to something else, e.g. Text book.
- On the Website step, enter 'No duration' in the advertised duration field. Enter a summary and description.
- On the Content step, enter your or another website as the activity URL (as with the last step in this process, registrants will not receive this link)unless the item is online content. in which case you will link to the content.
- On the Registrations step, select the appropriate registration method, edit the registration method, and edit the registration form if needed.
- On the Communication step, edit the registrant activity instructions email and the registrant activity cancellation email to remove links to the online content URL (unless the item is online content), for example:
- Press Create and Approve or Create as Draft.
Arlo allows you to sell tickets to an event either by collecting the details of all attendees, or allow registrants to pay for a table of tickets with just the details of the order/billing contact.
Option 1. Registrants Can Purchase Individual Tickets (No Details Required)
Use this option to allow registrants to either register individually, or purchase a table of tickets, and if you do not need to know who is attending. Note: Registration limits are not factored in when selling tickets using options (though you can limit the number of options available).
- On the General tab, the price of the event should be marked as free (as registrants will pay for the options they select). Contact Arlo Support to change the 'Free' price label (e.g. 'Based on Options Selected').
- On the Schedule tab, enter the event information as a session and enter a price for a single ticket. This will be the base price each individual registrant will pay. Ensure on the session that you have selected Accept Website Registrations, and Registrants Must Attend.
- Add an option to your event on the Schedule tab for 'Additional Tickets'.
- Price your tickets, add the maximum units available, and ensure registrants can buy more than one.
- Select a Custom registration form and edit the labels of the registrant details fields to make it clear that you only require the registration contact's details.
- e.g. Change "Name" to "Registrant Contact Name", "Email" to "Registrant Contact Email"
Example of Registration Form
Note: If you are selling tickets using options you will have limited reporting capabilities on the events (as there are no registrants being added for each ticket purchased, but instead an item being sold) For example, you won't be able to record and report on attendance, or grades for options like you would for registrations.
Option 2. Registrants Can Purchase Tickets Where you Need Details of All Attendees
Use this option if you need to restrict the number of tickets sold and/or you need all attendee details for reporting requirements and/or you wish for each attendee to receive the event instructions.
- Create an event based on the schedule of your event.
- Customise your registration form on the Registrations tab of the Event Wizard, so that you only gather basic attendee details, e.g. Name and Email at a minimum, and any other important details, e.g. Special Dietary Requirements.
- Hint: If you offer a table special (e.g. discounted registration price when purchased in bulk), you can add a discounts where 'The number of registrations on the order for the event equals x registrants or more' (a table amount). Learn more.
Note: Registrants will not be restricted on the registration form to the number of registrations they can submit. Learn how to be notified of incoming website orders.
Other articles that may be helpful: