Arlo allows you to take credit card payments through the registration and checkout process using DPS Payment Express, PayPal, or ANZ eGate, however some of our customers do not use these credit card gateways.
The following article describes how to manage credit card payments if you use Swipe payment gateway for taking credit card payments. This article applies to customers using Arlo's Xero integration, and explains how to manage credit cardpayments with Swipe by using Xero's invoicing to include a link to pay by credit card using Swipe.
Read more about payment gateways that integrate fully with Arlo's checkout process.
- This process may also work for other credit card gateways that Xero integrates with but Arlo doesn't have integration with, for example eWay, however this has not yet been tested.
- This process was correct for Swipe and Xero as at the time of writing this article. Features and processes may change in these applications over time.
- Customer chooses to pay by credit card.
- Arlo sends the invoice details to Xero to create the invoice*.
- Invoice is sent from Xero with a link to pay by credit card through Swipe*.
Note: You will need to choose for invoices to be sent manually from Xero instead of automatically from Arlo. You can send invoices easily in bulk from Xero. We recommend you choose for invoices to be sent to Xero as approved.
- Customer makes the credit card payment via the link.
- The invoice in Xero is updated as paid.
- Xero updates the order in Arlo as paid and approved*.
* Depending on your Xero integration settings in Arlo. Below are recommended settings to help this process.
Set up Recommended Xero Integration Settings
- Select Settings from the main menu.
- Click Xero. You will be taken to the 'Xero Integration' page to choose these settings.
- Press Save.
Activate 'Credit Card - Terminal' Payment Type
Contact Arlo Support to activate the Credit Card payment type for manual credit card payments if this is not already available on your platform.
Edit Message Displayed when Credit Card Payment Type Selected
Contact Arlo Support with the message you would like to be displayed when a registrant selects to pay by credit card. This should notify them that an invoice will be emailed to them with a link to pay by credit card and that when payment is received, all registrants will receive all necessary event instructions.
Send Invoices from Xero
As all invoices will not be sent from Arlo (for any payment type), you will need to send them manually from Xero.
In Xero, you can bulk send approved invoices:
- Open the Awaiting Payment tab (in Xero).
- Select the invoices you'd like to send.
- Press Email. Or, you may send the invoices individually.
Other articles that may be helpful: