In this article
The following article explains the different event schedule types available in Arlo and provides information on how to create different types of events using the event wizard.
- Event schedule types
- Create an event template (no scheduled date)
- Create a basic event
- Create a private (in-house) event
- Create a multi-session event with a choice of sessions
- Create a multi-session event with no choice of session
- Create a webinar (without GoToWebinar integration)
- Create a blended learning event (face to face and webinar sessions)
- Create an externally provided event (not using Arlo for registrations)
- Copy an existing event (including sessions and/or options)
Learn how to take registrations for events created in Arlo where the course content is hosted on an external website, or how to take registrations for events created in Arlo externally.
Event schedule types
Before creating your event it's important to understand the different event schedule types that be used, and how they will affect your event.
- Basic - Runs on one day or consecutive days. Registrants attend the whole event.
- Multiple Session with a choice of sessions - Consists of separately scheduled sessions. Registrants can select sessions and options based on their requirement.
- Multiple session with no choice of sessions - Consists of a number of separately scheduled sessions. Registrants will register once to attend all sessions
- Has one session that could run over a part of a day, a whole day, or on consecutive days. For example, an event that starts on Monday 9am and finishes on Tuesday (next day) at 5pm, where both days are 9-5pm.
- Can be a live online webinar.
- Has the same presenter(s) and venue for the entirety of the event.
- Each registrant will attend the whole event.
- Presenter requests can be sent for events using a basic schedule.
- Can have optional extras.
Multiple Session with a choice of sessions
- Can have multiple sessions at separately scheduled dates and times.
- Each session can have a different venue and presenter(s).
- Each session can have a price that is added to the order total.
- Sessions can be made mandatory, and be hidden from the website form.
- Registrants will be registered for the sessions they choose (plus any mandatory sessions) and will receive a calendar appointment for each.
- Can have optional extras.
Multiple session with no choice of sessions
- Has multiple sessions at separately scheduled dates and times.
- Each session can also have a different venue and presenter(s).
- Has registrants that will be registered for every session, and receive a calendar appointment for each one.
- Can have optional extras.
Create an event template (no scheduled date)
Arlo is set up to allow you to efficiently manage your recurring training and events. Rather than having to copy all the same information (e.g. name, description, prerequisites) each time it is scheduled, common information about the event is stored within an event template.
The following process describes how to create a new event template on its own, without any scheduled event dates running. Note: If you are creating a new event with a date (which you have not run before) a new template will be created automatically.
Create a basic event
Arlo allows you to create and manage your public events. It automatically sends booking confirmations including calendar appointments to registrants, venue contact, and presenters, and all order related communication such as invoices, and receipts to the billing contact on the order.
Create a private event
Arlo allows you to create and manage private events (e.g. a custom course) for your clients. It automatically sends booking confirmations including calendar appointments to the key contact, venue contact, and presenters.
Create a multi-session event with a choice of sessions
Arlo allows you to create events which include optional sessions. For example, you can manage an event where the registrants can choose from a range of sessions that can each have their own price, our run a conference with multiple breakout sessions that registrants can select from.
Create a multi-session event with no choice of sessions
Arlo allows you to create events which include multiple sessions. For example, you can manage an event that has a complex schedule and may run over a number of days per week.
Create a webinar (without GoToWebinar integration)
Arlo allows you to create events which are delivered online using webinar software. Registrants are sent a link to join the webinar. Important: Webinars in Arlo can only be set up using a basic schedule.
If you have GoToWebinar learn more about the creating events using GoToWebinar and synchronizing them to Arlo automatically.
Create a blended learning event (face to face and webinar sessions)
Arlo allows you to run an event where some of the sessions are face to face, and some are delivered by webinar.
If you have Moodle you can also take advantage of Arlos Moodle Integration.
Create an externally provided event
Arlo includes the ability to display events on your website which have event content hosted somewhere else, or where you do not want to manage registrations. The following instructions outline how to complete this using Arlo.
- Create an Arlo event on an external webpage
- Create an event with registrations to be managed externally
Copy an existing event (including sessions and/or options)
Arlo allows you to copy an event when creating a new one, so that you do not have to manually load sessions and/or options each time. Arlo will copy across the session names, presenter, running times, descriptions, and other session-related information to the new event, as well as any options and allow you to confirm the new date(s) for the event. Note: Learn more about optional extras