The following article demonstrates how to set up an Arlo Elearning module and link it to a Moodle course.
In this article:
- Registration process: Arlo to Moodle
- Step 1: Preparation
- Step 2: Create an elearning module in Arlo
- Step 3: Link the Arlo elearning module to Moodle
- Website and registration process
The following article explains how to set up an eLearning course by creating an elearning module(or event) in Arlo that links to a Moodle course.
Once set up, you'll be able to promote and sell access to the Moodle course through your Arlo website pages.
This option can be used for selling and tracking access for on-demand videos or access to resources, right through to a full course with Moodle objects and activities.
Important: Before linking events to Moodle, your Moodle cron needs to be set up and tested. If this is not set up correctly, Moodle registrations will not be created. Contact your Moodle provider if you are not sure about this.
- Learn how to enhance a face to face or webinar event with online resources instead
- Read more about Moodle integration
- Arlo for Moodle interactions and mapping explained (events, registrations, contacts)
Registration process: Arlo to Moodle
Step 1: Preparation
- Ensure all Arlo for Moodle requirements are met.
- Create a Moodle course if you do not have one set up already. Learn more on how to create your own Moodle course.
Step 2: Create an Elearning module in Arlo
- Create an Elearning module in Arlo to connect your Moodle course. This will allow your registrants to register onto your OnDemand or eLearning courses just like any other course or event on your Arlo website pages.
- At the Content step, enter any URL (website address e.g. http://...). This is normally where the registrants will be directed to complete the activity, however, Moodle will be sending these details to each registrant.
- At the Registrations step, choose the appropriate registration method. If the course has a charge, choose Order Process. If it is free, choose Quick Registration.
- Important: At the Communication step, as Moodle sends the communication to course registrants with a link to access the course, edit the email from Arlo to not include a link to the activity or the dummy URL entered above will be used. We recommend letting customers know in this email that details to access the elearning module will be sent separately.
Step 3: Link the Elearning module to Moodle
If you want to link to an individual Arlo Elearning module refer to the Participants > Enrolment Methods. Use this method if you only want to send out the Moodle content for a single elearning module in Arlo.
If you want to link to an Arlo template refer to the Associate Arlo Template. Use this method if you only want to send out the Moodle content for all events (Upcoming, In-Progress, and Elearning activities) linked to a template in Arlo.
- Open the Course in Moodle.
- Navigate to Users/Participants
- Press the Settings icon and select Enrolment methods.
- From the Add Method drop-down selection, choose Arlo Enrolment.
- From the Type of event drop-down, select Online Activity.
- Select the Course Code from the Online Activity drop-down you would like to link to the Moodle course.
- From the Active menu select Yes.
- From the Assigned Group select Create New Group. You also have the option to either set the assigned group to None or Select an Existing Group. Learn more about Moodle groups.
- Send Course Welcome Message should be enabled. This will send the Arlo registrant their course enrolment email.
- Leave Custom Welcome Message blank to use the default email template. A custom welcome message may be added as plain text or Moodle-auto format, including HTML tags and multi-lang tags. Learn more by pressing the help text icon (?).
- If your course has a restricted course duration from the date of registration, enter this duration in the Enrolment Duration field. Check Enable and select the variable and metric e.g. 6 Weeks.
- If you want registrants to be notified when enrolment duration has expired, select Yes from the Notify User of Enrolment Expiration drop-down.
- Press Add method.
Link Moodle course to an Arlo template
- Open the Course in Moodle.
- Press the Settings icon and select Associate Arlo Template.
- Select the Arlo Template you would like to link with the Course in Moodle.
- Press Save Changes.
Website and registration process
The following images show what your registrants will see on the website as they view and register for your eLearning course. The registrations will be captured using the default Arlo checkout and your selected registration form.
Example: Course on your website when you offer the course via eLearning and other delivery methods e.g. live face to face
Example: Course on your Website when you only offer the Course via eLearning