This article demonstrates how to setup an Arlo event (course) and link to a Moodle course.
- Registration process: Arlo to Moodle
- Step 1: Preparation
- Step 2: Create an event (course) in Arlo
- Step 3: Link the Arlo event (course) to Moodle
- Website and registration process
The following instructions describe how to enhance an existing face-to-face or online event (course) by providing access to registrants for online content and activities in Moodle. For example, you could provide secure access to videos and a discussion forum for registrants.
This will allow registrants to have access to online resources either before, during or at the end of a course.
Arlo events (courses) can be connected to a Moodle course per instance (individual scheduled course) or by course template (all current and future scheduled courses associated to the template).
Registration process: Arlo to Moodle
Step 1: Preparation
- Ensure all Arlo for Moodle requirements are met.
- Create a Moodle course if you do not have one set up already.
- Learn more about how to create your own Moodle course.
Step 2: Create an event (course) in Arlo
- Create a new face to face or live online event (course) in Arlo to link to the Moodle course.
- You may like to add a note to the course description and/or special instructions that participants will be given access to online resources to complete during/after the course, and that they will receive an email from Moodle with instructions to access these.
- You may wish to add a date if the course includes time to complete the online activities. You could do this by creating a multi-session event.
Step 3: Link the Arlo event (course) to Moodle
- Open the course in Moodle.
- Select Course Administration from the menu.
- If you want to link to an individual Arlo event (course) refer to the Users > Enrolment Methods
- Note: Use this method if you only want to send out the Moodle content for one course in Arlo.
- If you want to link to an Arlo template refer to the Associate Arlo Template.
- Note: Use this method if you only want to send out the Moodle content for all courses (Upcoming, In-Progress, and Online Activities) linked to a template in Arlo.
Users > Enrolment Methods (connecting an individual Arlo event (course))
- From the Add method drop-down selection, choose Arlo enrolment.
- From the Type of Event drop-down, select Event.
- Select the course code from the Event drop-down that you would like to link to the Moodle course.
- From the Active menu select Yes.
- From the Assigned group select Create new group. You also have the option to either set the assigned group to None or Select an existing group.
Learn more about Moodle groups.
- Send course welcome message should be enabled. This will send the Arlo registrant their course enrolment email.
- Leave Custom welcome message blank to use the default email template. A custom welcome message may be added as plain text or Moodle-auto format, including HTML tags and multi-lang tags. Learn more by pressing the help text icon (?).
- If your course has a restricted course duration from the date of registration, enter this duration in the Enrolment duration field. Check Enable and select the variable and metric e.g. 6 Weeks.
- If you want registrants to be notified when enrolment duration has expired, select Yes from the Notify user of enrolment expiration drop-down.
- Press Add method.
Associate Arlo Template (Connecting an Arlo Template)
- Select Associate Arlo Template.
- Select the Arlo Template you would like to link to the course in Moodle.
- Press Save changes.
To understand the relationship between Arlo and Moodle please refer to Arlo for Moodle course management
Website and registration process
The following images show what your registrants will see on the website as they view and register for your eLearning course. The registrations will be captured using the default Arlo checkout and your selected registration form.
Example of course on your website when you offer the course via eLearning and other delivery methods e.g. live face to face.