Arlo allows you to create events which include multiple sessions. For example, you can manage an event that has a complex schedule and may run over a number of days per week.
If you need a multi-session event and would like registrants to have the choice of which sessions they are registering on, and also sell optional extras such as a textbook - learn how to create a multi-session event with optional sessions and extras.
The following article describes how to setup an event that has multiple sessions, that an attendee registers once to attend all sessions on.
- From the main menu select Events.
- Press New Event.
- Select New Public Event or New Private Event and press Next.
- From the Options section, select Multiple Sessions and then select No Options.
- Enter the price of the overarching event. Note: You can also add a price to individual sessions later in the process.
- Press Next.
- Choose the website display options and the category for the event, and whether you want the registrants to be able to create leads for this event.
- Enter the duration, summary, and description for your event. Note: This is for the overarching event, not the individual sessions. Press Next.
Add Recurring Sessions
If your sessions are recurring, for example every Monday and Wednesday at 9am for 4 weeks:
- Press Add recurring Sessions.
- Enter the date that the series of sessions starts on and the start and finish time of the sessions.
- Choose how often the session recurs, e.g. weekly, and the recurrence options, e.g. Monday and Wednesday of each week.
- Or monthly on the first Monday of every month.
- Choose how many times these sessions should run or specify a date for the sessions to end.
- Choose a presenter for the sessions if applicable.
- Enter the venue of the sessions (mandatory).
- Press Save Session.
Add Individual Sessions
- Press Add Session.
- Enter the details of the 1st Session choice including date/time, presenter, price and registration details. Note: If you have set a price on the event, you can have an additional price on each session - ensure that if you only want a price on the event, you leave sessions with no price or registrants will be charged for both. If you are setting up a private event, make the sessions 'free', as private event orders do not take consideration of individual session prices.
- If registrants must attend a certain session:
- Open the session by clicking on the name.
- Tick Registrants Must Attend.
- You can also then hide this session from the website if needed by deselecting Accept Website Registrations. Note: If must attend is selected, the registrant will be automatically registered for the session even if the session is hidden.
- Press Save Session.
- Continue to add sessions for each option available in the event.
- Press Save.
- Continue through the rest of the Event Wizard and complete the event setup.
Note: You will only be charged one registration credit for registrations on advanced events.