The following set of instructions describe how set when registrations for an event open and close.
Note: You can also follow these instructions at a template level, and the setting will be applied to all future events associated with the event template. Existing events will need to be updated individually.
- From the main menu select Events.
- Create a new Event/Template, or select an existing Event/Template you would like to edit and press Edit.
- Navigate to the Registrations tab.
- Click Edit on the Registration period.
- Select the period when registrations will open. Either;
- Immediately (once approved)
- From (X) number of days, weeks, or hours - before the event starts
- On a specific date and time.
Note: If you choose to open registrations on a specific date, or a certain time before the event starts, you can also specify a message to be displayed on the event while registrations are not open.
- To edit the message, untick Use default.
- Select the period when registrations will close. Either;
- When the event starts
- When the event ends
- (X) number of days, weeks, or hours - before the event starts
- (X) number of days, weeks, or hours - after the event starts
- On a specific date and time
- Press Save.
Important: Late registration functionality does not apply to Sessions. Once a session of an event has started (or is In-Progress), regardless of whether you have applied the late event registration setting, you cannot register on the in-progress session i.e it will be removed from the registration form as a session option. You can still register on sessions that have not started.
- If someone has the registration link to the event and click it once the registrations have closed, they will get an error message and will not be able to proceed with the registrations.
- When you set registrations to close or open at a certain time, there may be a small delay of ~5 minutes after this time before the action takes place. For example, if you choose for registrations to close at 5.30 PM, people may still be able to register (through the registration link) until 5.35 PM.
- If the event has sessions and options, the registration period only applies to the over all event, and you can not apply registration periods to individual sessions.
Other articles that may be helpful: