Important: Please ensure your mobile device meets the Arlo for Mobile technical requirements.
The following article describes how to address the issue relating to the error message below.
There are three potential reasons why a user might see this message:
- A user has not been setup - The user attempting to login does not have an account setup.
Solution: Setup a presenter or administrator for the user.
- Another contact exists in Arlo with the same email address as the mobile user - If other contacts use that same value as the users email (making it a matched contact) the following will occur.
- If the first matched contact is active it will log in but potentially display the name of the wrong contact on the home page.
- If the first matched contact is inactive, it will fail to log in, regardless of the username/password combination being valid.
- Username/email is used by multiple contacts.
Solution: If the username/email address that you are logging in with is the same as another contact's email address you will not be able to login. You will need to change the username/email address to be unique. Hint: Check if there is another contact with your email address by entering the email address in the global search
- Account not activated - They have yet to activate their account and setup a password.
Solution: Either a) Resend an activation email from management platform or b) Send 'Reset password' email to user.
Username not Email Address
The follow process describes how to update a user's username to match their email address.
- Open the user (administrator, presenter) you would like to update.
- Press Edit from the toolbar.
- Copy the user''s email address.
- Select Security from the vertical menu, and paste the email address into the Username field.
- Press Save.
Account not Activated
There are two options to a send/resend a user a link to activate their account and setup a new password.
- Login to your Arlo management platform.
- Open the presenter or administrator who is having problems.
- Click Resend activation email. The presenter or administrator will receive the account activation email and be able to activate their account and setup a password.
- Open the following URL replacing "yourplatformname" with the name in the URL you use to access your Arlo management platform.
- You will be taken to the Forgot Login page on your website. Enter the email address of the user who is having problems.
- Press Send Email. The presenter will receive either an account activation email or the password reset email.
Other articles that may be helpful: