In this article
If you have advanced reporting requirements that Arlo does not currently meet in the reports menu, you can download a CSV file of the data in your platform (including events, registrations, contacts, organisations) from which you can generate your own reports using Excel, GoogleDrive, Microsoft BI, etc...
You may also need to export data out of Arlo to update it and reimport it back into Arlo, or to import it into another system where Arlo does not provide the integration.
Note: First consider creating custom reports from Arlo's generic reports.
- Update data in Arlo by exporting and reimporting
- Export all raw system data (data export CSV)
- Export data using reports
- Export contacts filtered on contact, organisation, and registration data
- Custom export schemas
Update contact and organisation data in Arlo by exporting and reimporting
Export all raw system data (global data export CSV)
- Open the Reports menu.
- From the Export section, select the export format you require.
- Arlo will send an email to you with the data when it is ready (this may take up to 10 minutes). You may also find it in the communication log.
Export data using reports
You can also use Arlo Reports to export data which are accessed from the Reports menu. These reports are primarily designed to produce printable reports and are not designed for system integration, though you can edit and filter within a spreadsheet programme such as Excel.
Export contacts filtered on contact, organisation, and registration data using campaigns
You can use Arlo's campaigns feature to generate a list of contacts refined by contact, organisation, and registration data. You can then export this data in CSV format.
Note: The campaigns feature is only available on the Arlo Professional and Enterprise service plans. Contact our sales team to upgrade.
Custom export schemas
If Arlo doesn't provide automated integration with an external system your organisation uses and you need to regularly import data from Arlo into another system, Arlo may be able to provide you with a customised export that will provide the correct information from Arlo in the format required by your external system.
For example, Arlo provides automated integration with Xero, but your organisation may use a different accounting package. To save you time, we can create a custom export schema that will provide the information needed to create order/invoice details in your accounting package.
The export schema we develop for you will contain all and only the information needed for your external system, with the correct data formatting and heading/column names, and so on, so that you can update your external system with ease.
View available export schemas within a Google Apps spreadsheet.
Contact Arlo Sales if you would like to request a custom schema with the following information:
- What system you need a custom export for
- What information you need within the export
- The formatting and fields required (as in the available export schemas document)
- When you require the custom export by (we will endeavour to meet this date)
Note: There will be a cost for this development which is based on the time it will take to develop and test the schema.