In this article
- Access the presenter search
- Add presenter(s) to event
- Search for a specific type of presenter
- Check previous and next session details
- Presenter 'Schedule conflict' alert
Arlo's presenter search allows you to easily check which presenters are available to present at your next event. With the presenter search you can:
- Check availability of your presenters for an event
- Check travel distance between events - You can check details of previous and next event/sessions to confirm the presenter has sufficient travel time to make the event.
- Show presenters within a specific location (city).
- Show presenters with certain classifications, e.g. skill sets by filtering by presenter tags.
- Availability - Indicates whether a presenter is available for the event you plan to create.
- Previous session - Includes information about the event the presenter is scheduled to deliver prior to the event you are creating.
- Next session - Includes information about the event the presenter is scheduled to deliver prior to the event you are creating.
- Completed - indicates how many events the presenter has completed in the past 6 months*. This helps illustrate how active the presenter has been. The Scheduled column indicates how many events the presenter is scheduled to present in the next 6 months*.
- Filters - Apply filters to only display presenters with a specific set of criteria.
- Search box - General text-based search to find a presenter(s), e.g. enter a name, organisation or city.
- Location of the previous session - Check the location of the event the presenter is delivering prior (and after) to determine the travel distance and work out if they can deliver the planned event.
* This period can be changed. Contact Arlo Support to change these time frames.
Access the presenter search
- Open the Events menu.
- Press New event.
- Start creating your selected event type.
- On the General step, enter the start and end date/time of the event.
- Click Search...
Add presenter(s) to an event
- To add presenters to the event you are creating, select the presenter(s) from the list and press Select.
Search for a specific type of presenter
- Enter a search term into the search box. Hint: You can search on presenters first and last names, organisation, and city (postal address).
- You can refine your search by selecting one of the search filters (Name, Organisation, or City). Your search will then be narrowed to only include matches on the search filter field selected.
- You can narrow your search results by applying a list filter.
- Click the drop-down arrow to the right of the search box to display the available list filters.
Check previous and next session details
Checking if a presenter is available during the time you plan to run an event is only part of the process, you also need to work out where the presenter will be prior to the event and after the event, so that you can ensure they can physically arrive on time and leave within sufficient time to make it to their next appointment.
The Presenter search displays details of the event that the presenter is scheduled to deliver prior to the event you are creating (Previous session). The location (suburb, city, state, and country) and session dates and times are displayed. Similarly, the event the presenter is scheduled to deliver after the event is also included (Next session).
If there is not enough time between events for the presenter to make it, use the presenter search to find another available presenter.
Presenter 'Schedule conflict' alert
Arlo checks if a presenter is available and displays a warning message if there is a conflict.
If you encounter this warning, click on the 'Schedule conflict' warning to review the conflicting event that the Presenter is already scheduled on. Arlo tracks conflicts based on the overall event start-finish dates, not the individual session start-finish dates. This means that a conflict may be displayed on a multi-session event if the presenter is only set to present one of the sessions at a separate time.
Example: Schedule conflict alert
If a presenter is marked as “Advertised presenter” and the event spans a week (even if they’re only presenting on Thursday) they will be marked as a conflict because that entire week is considered reserved for that presenter.
If the presenter is not marked as an “Advertised presenter” on the overall event they will not be marked as a conflict during that period.