Arlo allows you to create both public and private live online events such as webinars and meetings. Live online events can include running live, interactive, and engaging sales presentations, training sessions, and meetings.
For more information on the other eLearning delivery methods refer to eLearning options.
In this article
The following process describes how to create a live online event (also known as a webinar or online meeting) without GoToWebinar integration enabled, i.e. where you are using Webex or another web conferencing provider to run this live online event.
- Type - Choose the type of event.
- General - Enter the general details of the event, e.g. the name, code, and price, etc.
- Website - Enter information about the event to be displayed on your website.
- Schedule - Enter the dates, presenter(s), and other logistics of your event.
- Registrations - Choose the registration method, period of registration, and set registration limits.
- Communication - Choose and edit automated emails sent to registrants.
- Approve and confirm events - Approve and (if required) confirm any events in a tentative state.
Create an event
- Open the Events menu.
- Press New event.
Choose the type of event, e.g public or private event that is new or adding a new date to an existing event template.
- From the Create a new... section, select New public event.
- If you have presets loaded that you wish to use for this event, from the Wizard options, click Select preset.
- If you have not run this event in Arlo, select I have not run this event before. Note: This will also create a new event template to be used in the future.
- If you have run this event in Arlo or there is a template for it, choose I have run this event previously and would like to schedule another, and then select the template from the list.
- Press Next.
If you are using an existing template, you can skip to the Schedule step if you do not need to change any of the events website information or pricing since you last run it.
Enter the general details of the event, e.g. the name, code, and price, etc.
- From the General details section, enter the event name, and codes of your event. Note: Arlo recommends using the default codes which it will populate.
- If you have a specific administrator responsible for the event, assign them as an event or template manager. Event and template managers can run reports for their event/s, filter them on the events list and dashboards in Arlo, and will receive email notifications about them.
- From the What is the schedule section, select Basic.
- From the Where will it be delivered section, select Live online (webinar style).
- From the Price section, enter the price per registrant. If there is no price click Free event.
- If required, add your accounting codes and Xero tracking codes.
- If required, add professional development points or hours.
- Press Next.
Enter information about the event to be displayed on your website.
- From the Website page section, ensure your visibility settings are correct. Hint: The website visibility will be set to published by default meaning anybody can find the event on your website.
- If you are hosting the web content externally, edit the Page hosting settings and add the URL of the page with your event content. Learn more about hosting your own event pages.
- From the Website course content section, select the category/s the event should be displayed in on your website.
- Enter the information about your event that will be displayed on the event's website page. Hint: Learn how to add new website content sections, or to Correct badly Formatted Text copied from Word (Bad HTML).
- From the Website event content section, select if the event date should be published on your website, and whether or not the event should be published on your event list page.
- Choose when the event should be published on your website.
- From the Lead generation section, select whether or not you would like to accept leads on the events website page.
- From the Schedule details section, enter the date and time your event starts and ends. Note: Arlo will use these details to generate the calendar appointment sent to registrants.
- Select the event Time zone.
- From the Webinar details section, add the Guest URL for registrants as well as any additional instructions. These details will be sent to registrants with the event instruction emails.
- Add the Presenter URL for as well as any additional instructions. These details will be sent to the presenters automatically with the event confirmation emails.
- Enter the Advertised location of the event.
- Add your presenter(s). Hint: Search for available presenters. If your presenters are to be confirmed, you can add provisional presenters. If the presenter does not exist click + New to create a new presenter.
- If required, assign support staff to the event.
- From the Options section, click +Add option to add any optional extras you would registrants to be able to purchase with their registrations. Note: Learn more about optional extras.
- Press Next.
- From the General section, select Accept website registrations.
- Select the registration method appropriate for your event. Hint: If you need to take payment from registrants, select Order Process. If the event is free, select Quick Registration. If it is an external event and you are not managing the registrations, select URL.
- Select the period that registrations will be open and close for the event.
- Select the registration policy for your event. Hint: Learn more about registration policies.
- From the Website registration form section, select the registration form for this event. Hint: Unless you need a specific field just for this event, you should use the default registration forms.
- From the Registration limits section, enter the registration limits and alerts for the event if required.
- Press Next.
Choose and edit automated event emails sent to registrants.
- From the Communication schedule section, ensure all appropriate emails you want to be sent are enabled.
- To activate an email click, Activate. To disable an email, click Deactivate. Hint: Active emails will appear as a white line, deactivated emails will appear as a shaded grey line.
- Click Activate to send event reminder emails to be sent to registrants. View a preview of a reminder.
- Click Activate to schedule any follow-up emails sent to registrants. Hint: We recommend only sending follow up emails either to all registrants, or attended and not attended registrants. View a preview of a follow-up email.
- Click Activate to schedule any automated reports to be sent to presenters. Note: This feature is only available on Arlo Enterprise.
Approve and confirm events
- If you wish for the event to be published immediately, and have finalised the event details press Create and approve.
- If you want to save the event, but do not want to publish it or have any communication sent out press Create as draft. You will be able to approve the event when you are ready. Learn how to approve draft events.
If you have the event confirmation workflow turned on you will also need to confirm the event is running. Learn more about the event confirmations workflow.
- Open the event you would like to confirm.
- Click Confirm this event.
- Select the appropriate confirmation actions and Press Confirm event. Note: Communication associated with a confirmed event may take up to 15 minutes to be sent.