Arlo allows you to create public and private webinars using any tool such as Zoom, Gotowebinar, or Adobe Connect.
The following process describes how to create a live online course (webinar) without GoToWebinar integration enabled, i.e. where you are using Zoom, Webex or another web conferencing provider to run this live online course.
If you are using GoToWebinar, learn how to integrate directly with Arlo.
- Open the Webinars menu.
- Press New webinar.
- From the Create a new... section, select New public webinar or New private webinar.
- If you have not run this course in Arlo, select I have not run this webinar before.
- If you have run this course in Arlo or there is a template for it, choose I have run this webinar previously and would like to schedule another, and then select the template from the list.
- Press Next.
If you are using an existing template, you can skip to the Schedule information step if you do not need to change any of the webinar's website information or pricing since you last run it.
- From the General details section, enter the webinar name, and codes of your webinar.
Arlo recommends using the default codes, which it will populate automatically.
- If you have a specific administrator responsible for the webinar, assign them as the course/template manager. Course managers can be assigned tasks created using task sets, run reports for their courses, filter them on the course list and dashboards in Arlo, and will receive automated change notifications about them.
- From the What is the schedule? section, select Basic.
- From the Price section, enter the price per registrant. If the webinar is free, enter 0 and select whether the price is including tax, excluding tax, or tax free from the drop-down.
- If required, add professional development points or hours.
- Press Next.
- From the Website page section, ensure your visibility setting for your webinar page is correct, e.g. if you want the registration to be open (published) on your website, or hidden (and will send privately).
- From the Website course content section, select the category/s the webinar should be displayed in on your website.
- Enter the information about your webinar that will be displayed on the website page.
- From the Website course content section, select if the webinar date should be published on your website, and whether or not the webinar should be published on your course list page.
- From the Lead generation section, select whether or not you would like to accept leads on the webinar's website page.
- From the Schedule details section, enter the date and time your webinar starts and ends. Arlo will use these details to generate the calendar appointment sent to registrants.
- Select the webinar's Time zone.
- From the Webinar details section, add the Guest URL for registrants as well as any additional instructions. These details will be sent to registrants with the webinar instruction emails.
- Add the Presenter URL for as well as any additional instructions. These details will be sent to the presenters automatically with the webinar confirmation emails.
- Add your presenter(s).
- If required, assign support staff to the webinar.
- If required, click +Add option to add any optional extras you would registrants to be able to purchase with their registrations.
- Press Next
- From the General section, select Accept website registrations.
- Select the registration method appropriate for your webinar
If you need to take payment from registrants, select Order Process. If the webinar is free, select Quick Registration. If it is an external webinar and you are not managing the registrations in Arlo, select URL.
- Select the period that registrations will be open and closed for the webinar.
- Select the registration policy for your webinar.
- From the Website registration form section, select the registration form for this webinar.
- From the Registration limits section, enter the registration limits and alerts for the webinar if required.
- Press Next.
- From the Communication schedule section, ensure all appropriate webinar emails you want to be sent are enabled.
- To activate an email click, Activate. To disable an email, click Deactivate.
Active emails will appear as a white line, deactivated emails will appear as a shaded grey line.
- Click Activate to schedule any automated reports to be sent to presenters.
Scheduled reports are only available on Arlo Enterprise.
- Click Edit to add special instructions and attachments to your registration confirmation (webinar instructions) email sent to registrants.
- Click Edit to customize the follow-up emails sent.
- From the Sender details section, check that the sender details are correct for your webinar.
- If you wish for the webinar to be published immediately, and have finalised the details press Create and approve.
- If you want to save the webinar, but do not want to publish it or have any communication sent out press Create as draft. You will be able to approve it when you are ready. Learn how to approve draft courses.
If you have the confirmation workflow turned on you will also need to confirm the webinar is running. Learn more about the course confirmations workflow.