The following article explains how to use custom registration fields to store registration information and report on this information.
In this article
- Add registration fields to your platform
- Add registration fields to your website registration forms
- Add registration information to a registration manually
- Importing custom registration fields
- Report on registration custom fields
- Common issues
Registration fields allow you to store information directly against an individual registration record in Arlo. Once configured, these fields can also be included within your event website registration form so that data can be captured at the time of registration.
Unlike contact fields, which only allow you to store the latest piece of captured information, registration field information can be unique to each registration.
Important: Custom registration fields are only viewable on the registration and registration exports. If you want the information to be viewable on the contact's record and reportable in Arlo's standard reports, consider creating a custom contact field instead.
Add registration fields to your Arlo platform
Example: Information you could capture per registration
- Spouses Name - What is your spouses' name?
- Age - What is your age?
- Previous Experience - Have you completed this course before?
- Source - How did you hear about this event?
- Goals/Outcome - What is your ideal outcome of participating in this event?
Example: Registration record in Arlo, with custom registration information stored.
Add registration fields to your website registration forms
The following process outlines how to capture unique registration information during the website checkout process.
- Add the registration fields you would like to include in your website registration forms to your Arlo platform.
- Edit your website registration forms to include the custom registration fields.
Add registration information to a registration manually
You can store information against custom registration fields manually, for example, if you need to use the fields to store internal information only.
- Open the Events menu.
- Find and open the event with the registrations you would like to enter custom field data against. Note: You need to have already added your fields to the platform. Learn how to add, edit and remove fields.
- Select the Registrations tab.
- Select the registrant you would like to enter the custom field data against.
- Enter the relevant custom field information for the registrant.
- Press Save and close.
Importing custom registration fields
If you are importing registrations, you can also import custom registration field values with your registrations.
Report on registration custom fields
Using the correct field type
If the information you need to store is not likely to change each time a contact registers e.g. 'Emergency Contact', this should be stored against a contact. Any additional entries made in the future on the field will overwrite the existing data on the contact/organization record, whereas registration field data is always kept against an individual registration.