Registration fields allow you to store information directly against an individual registration record in Arlo. Once configured, these fields can also be included within your event website registration form so that data can be captured at the time of registration.
Unlike contact fields, which only allow you to store the latest piece of captured information, registration field information can be unique to each registration. Note: Custom registration fields are only viewable on the registration and registration exports. If you want the information to be viewable on the contact's record and reportable in Arlo's standard reports, consider creating a custom contact field instead.
In this article:
- Add Registration Fields to your Arlo Platform
- Add Registration Fields to your Website Registration Forms
- Add Registration Information to a Registration Manually
- Report on Registration Custom Fields
- Common Issues
Below are some examples of information you might want to capture per registration, as there is a likelihood that it could change between registrations on different events:
- Spouses Name - What is your spouses name?
- Age - What is your age?
- Previous Experience - Have you completed this course before?
- Source - How did you hear about this event?
- Goals/Outcome - What is your ideal outcome of participating in this event?
The following process outlines how to capture unique registration information during the website checkout process.
- Add the registration fields you would like to include in your website registration forms.
- Setup your website registration forms to include the custom registration fields.
- Note: Registration fields are classified against with a 'Registration' entity.
- Open the Event with the registrations you would like to enter the custom field data against. Note: You need to have already added your fields to the platform.
- Select the registrant you would like to enter the custom field data against.
- Enter the relevant custom field information for the registrant.
Report on Registration Custom Fields
- Using the Correct Field Type
If the information you need to store is not likely to change each time a contact registers e.g. 'Emergency Contact', this should be stored against a contact. Any additional entries made in the future on the field will overwrite the existing data on the contact/organization record, whereas registration field data is always kept against an individual registration.
2. Selling Additional Items
If you would like to sell additional items using Arlo on your website registration forms such as training material or merchandise, you should do so using the Optional Extras.
Other articles that may be helpful: