The following article describes how to set up SurveyMonkey integration and provides links to relevant articles about using SurveyMonkey with Arlo.
Important: The SurveyMonkey integration will only work with the SurveyMonkey Select (Standard) plan and above.
Arlo's integration with SurveyMonkey allows you to automatically distribute surveys either when the event starts, when the event finished, or when the registrants are marked as having attended the event. The integration enables you to select which survey to send at each event, and whether to collate responses onto an existing survey, or add them to a new survey created for the event. Surveys created via Arlo will have the event code added to the end of them, or you can rename them manually.
Note: Surveys will only send to registrants who were approved before the event started.
Attendance and Surveys
Arlo will not send surveys to registrants who have been cancelled or marked as 'Did not attend' before the survey is sent.
- If you choose that the surveys should be sent when the event starts, Arlo will send the survey to all current registrants who have not already been marked as did not attend. If you know that a registrant is not going to attend, you should record them as not attended and/or cancel their registration before the event starts.
- If you choose that the surveys should be sent when the event ends, Arlo will also send the survey to all current registrants who have not already been marked as did not attend. You should record your attendance before the event finishes.
- If you choose that the surveys should be sent when attendance is recorded, Arlo will only send out the survey to all completed registrants who have been marked as attended. Important: Surveys will only be sent if attendance is marked within 2 weeks of the event end date if you use this option.
Set up SurveyMonkey Integration in Arlo
- If you haven't already, sign up for SurveyMonkey.
- Select Settings from the main menu.
- Select SurveyMonkey.
- Press Connect to SurveyMonkey.
- Authorise the connection to Arlo.
- Edit the Email subject and Email content as required:
Note: SurveyMonkey also includes a "powered by SurveyMonkey" footer at the bottom of the emails that go out. If you're on the SurveyMonkey Gold plan or above, you can turn off the footer to hide SurveyMonkey branding from your survey. However, you need to turn off the footer in each of your surveys, messages, or embedded surveys individually—there isn't a universal account setting that can turn the footer off in all places or for all surveys. Read how to turn off this footer message in SurveyMonkey.
- Press Save.
Create a New Event with a Survey
Add a Survey to an Existing Scheduled Event
Check that an Event's Surveys Sent
- Open the event.
- Select the Registrations tab.
- Select Feedback survey from the dropdown selection.
A list of registrations will appear with the status of the survey. If the surveys were sent, a date and time the survey was sent will also be included.
Surveys are only sent to approved registrants (i.e. their registration was approved before the event started).
In other cases where an event's surveys have not been sent, you will be able to see it in a list of events requiring attention:
- From the main menu, select Events.
- Select the Requires attention tab.
- As only one error will show in this list, and there may be more than one error causing the surveys not to send, open the event by clicking the event name in the list to see all errors.
Common Errors and Resolutions
FooterLink placeholder must be included in message body
The FooterLink placeholder is a link in the email sending the survey saying "powered by SurveyMonkey". As it is a mandatory link, if you do not include the [FooterLink] replacer in the body of the email sending the survey, the surveys will not send.
Reply-to email address not verified
Per event, you may edit the sender details for emails sent from Arlo, including the reply-to address, which you will need to verify in SurveyMonkey.
This verification is required each time the reply-to address changes in an event, in order for the survey to trigger for that particular course.
If it is not verified, the surveys using this reply-to address will not send.
To verify the reply-to email address in SurveyMonkey:
- Log in to SurveyMonkey
- Select the survey in the list.
- Select the “Collect Responses” tab.
- Select email invite.
- Select the Options tab.
- Press Verify email address (may be in the ‘Sender email address’ dropdown section).
- Open the verification email and click the ‘verify now’ link.
- Confirm the verification in SurveyMonkey.
Other articles that may be helpful: