The following article describes how to connect your Salesforce CRM with Arlo.
In this article:
Install the Salesforce plugin
What you will need:
- Access to Salesforce
- Access to Arlo (if you don’t already have an Arlo platform, you can sign up for one)
- Appropriate permissions to install and configure an installed package on Salesforce
- Ability to assign permissions to other users if required
- Find the Arlo connector on the Salesforce AppExchange.
- Select Get It Now.
- Select Login to the AppExchange.
- Install this connector in your Production Environment Note: Arlo recommends installing on a Sandbox if you wish to test the plugin first.
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions and press Install.
- Enter your Salesforce Login Credentials.
- Install the connector for All Users, or for Admins/Specific Profiles only (requires Salesforce Enterprise or above).
- Grant Access to the Arlo third party websites and press Continue.
- The Arlo plugin will be installed on your Salesforce platform. Note: Depending on the install time, you will be directed to the Installed Packages screen in Salesforce, or be given a message to say you will be emailed when the install is complete.
Connect your Salesforce to Arlo
- Select the App Launcher on the right-hand side and select Arlo.
- Select Settings.
- If you do not have an Arlo Platform, enter your name and email address to have an Arlo Platform deployed, and then come back to Salesforce and press Connect to Arlo. If you already have an Arlo platform press Connect to Arlo.
- Enter your Arlo Platform name. Note: This can be found in your Arlo platform URL e.g. https://<myplatformname>.arlo.co
- Setup the Remote Site Settings and tick that you have done this.
- Select which records you would like to import from Arlo in Salesforce. Learn more about the Arlo/Salesforce synchronisation process. Note: Arlo recommends selecting both Event/Registrations and Leads.
- Choose whether or not you want to allow Arlo to create new contacts and accounts if they do not already exist in Salesforce. Note: Arlo will only add contacts and accounts into Salesforce if they are associated with events, leads, or registrations. Arlo will not update any existing contact or account details in Salesforce, it will only add the event, lead, or registration details to the Salesforce record.
- Choose when you would like to import Arlo records into Salesforce from. By default, the "Import records into Salesforce (from Arlo) created or edited since" date is set to the date of installation of the plugin. Important: We recommend leaving the import date as 'From now'. This is so you can configure your custom field mapping once the connection has been established. You can then change the date to synchronise older records after your field mapping is complete (so that all historic custom field information can be passed through to Salesforce).
- Press Connect to Arlo. You will be directed to a login page for Arlo.
- Enter your Arlo login details. Note: The Arlo user account being used to connect to Salesforce must be loaded as an administrator Arlo. API is enabled by default on the first administrator created on your platform.
- Keep all permissions checked.
- Press Yes, allow. You will be redirected back to Salesforce.
The Arlo platform is now connected to Salesforce, and you can synchronise your records between the two systems. Learn more about the Arlo/Salesforce synchronisation and how to manually start the synchronisation process.
Upgrade the Arlo connector
When a new Arlo connector version is made available on the Salesforce marketplace, there will be an upgrade button.
Once pressed, it should ask you if you want to update the version on your sandbox or production environment. We recommend that the plugin is tested in the sandbox environment first so you can be sure that it doesn't adversely affect your data, and once you are satisfied, you can update the version in your production environment.