This article is designed to help you connect your Salesforce CRM with Arlo.
What you will need to install the Arlo connector on your Salesforce platform:
- Access to Salesforce
- Access to Arlo (if you don’t already have an Arlo platform, you can register for one)
- Appropriate permissions to install and configure an installed package on Salesforce
- Ability to assign permissions to other users if required
- Install the Salesforce Plugin
- Connect your Salesforce Platform to Arlo
- Find the Arlo connector on the Salesforce AppExchange.
- Select Get It Now.
- Select Login to the AppExchange.
- Install this connector in your Production Environment (Note: Arlo recommend installing on a Sandbox if you wish to test the plugin first).
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions and press Install.
- Enter your Salesforce Login Credentials.
- Install the connector for All Users, or for Admins/Specific Profiles only (requires Salesforce Enterprise or above)
- Grant Access to the Arlo third party websites and press Continue.
- The Arlo plugin will be installed on your Salesforce platform. Note: Depending on the install time, you will be directed to the Installed Packages screen in Salesforce, or be given a message to say you will be emailed when the install is complete.
Connect your Salesforce Platform to Arlo
- Select the App Launcher on the right hand side and select Arlo.
- Select Settings
- If you do not have an Arlo Platform, enter your Name and Email address to have an Arlo Trial Platform deployed, and then come back to Salesforce and press Connect to Arlo. If you already have an Arlo platform press Connect to Arlo.
- Enter your Arlo Platform name. Note: This can be found in your Arlo platform URL e.g. https://<myplatformname>.arlo.co
- Setup the Remote Site Settings and tick that you have done this.
- Select which records you would like to import from Arlo in Salesforce. Learn more about the Arlo/Salesforce Synchronization Process.
- Arlo recommends selecting both Event/Registrations and Leads.
- Choose whether or not you want to allow Arlo to create new Contacts and Accounts if they do not already exist in Salesforce.
- Arlo will only add Contacts and Accounts into Salesforce if they are associated to Events, Leads, or Registration.
- Arlo will not update any existing Contact or Account details in Salesforce, it will only add the Event, Lead, or Registration details to the Salesforce record.
- Choose when you would like to import Arlo records into Salesforce from.
- Press Connect to Arlo. You will be directed to a login page for Arlo.
- Enter your Arlo login details.
- Note: The Arlo user account being used to connect to Salesforce must be loaded as an API user in Arlo. API is enabled by default on the first Administrator created on your platform (ie, the person who signed up for the Arlo platform has already created a username and password). If you are not using the first Arlo Admin account created on your Arlo platform follow these instructions.
Ensure your Arlo User is an API User
API is enabled by default on the first Administrator created on your platform (ie, the person who signed up for the Arlo platform has already created a username and password)
- Login to your Arlo account - https://my.arlo.co/[yourPlatformName]/
- Select Settings.
- Select Users.
- Select your User Account.
- Select Edit and go to the Security tab.
- Check the API user box.
- Click Save.
Back in Salesforce, enter your API login details and press Login.
- Keep all permissions checked.
- Press Yes, allow. You will be redirected back to Salesforce.
The Arlo platform is now connected to Salesforce, and you can synchronize your records between the two systems. Learn more about the Arlo/Salesforce Synchronization and how to manually start the synchronization process.