The following article describes how to connect your Salesforce CRM with Arlo.
It also explains how to synchronise historical data and how to run a manual synchronisation.
In order to install the Arlo for Salesforce connector you will need:
- Access to Salesforce.
- Access to Arlo (if you don’t already have an Arlo platform, you can sign up for one).
- Appropriate permissions to install and configure an installed package on Salesforce.
- Ability to assign permissions to other users, if required.
- Select Get It Now.
- Select Login to the AppExchange.
- Install this connector in your Production Environment.
Arlo recommends installing on a Sandbox for testing first.
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions and press Install.
- Enter your Salesforce Login Credentials.
- Install the connector for All Users, or for Admins/Specific Profiles only (requires Salesforce Enterprise or above).
- Grant access to the Arlo third party websites and press Continue.
- The Arlo plugin will be installed on your Salesforce platform.
Depending on the install time, you will be directed to the Installed Packages screen in Salesforce, or be given a message to say you will be emailed when the install is complete.
To establish a successful connection between Arlo and Salesforce, your Arlo management platform URL must be registered in the remote site settings page in Salesforce, or the connection will fail. This is because Salesforce prevents any connections to unauthorized network addresses. Adding your Arlo URL to your remote site settings page authorizes Salesforce to connect to your Arlo platform.
- In Salesforce, select the Setup Home.
- Enter Remote Site Settings in the quick find box, then select Remote Site Settings.
- Click New Remote Site.
- Enter a name for the remote site with no spaces e.g. ArloPlatform
- Enter your Arlo URL for the remote site e.g. https://myplatformname.arlo.co.
- Click Save.
- Select the App Launcher on the right-hand side and select Arlo.
- Select Settings.
- If you do not have an Arlo platform, enter your name and email address to have an Arlo platform deployed, and then come back to Salesforce and press Connect to Arlo. If you already have an Arlo platform press Connect to Arlo.
- Enter your Arlo platform name.
This can be found in your Arlo platform URL e.g. https://<myplatformname>.arlo.co.
- Setup the Remote site settings and tick that you have done this.
- Select which records you would like to import from Arlo in Salesforce.
Arlo recommends selecting both Event & Registrations and Leads.
- Choose whether or not you want to allow Arlo to create new contacts and accounts if they do not already exist in Salesforce.
Arlo will only add contacts and accounts into Salesforce if they are associated with courses, leads, or registrations. Arlo will not update any existing contact or account details in Salesforce, it will only add the course, lead, or registration details to the Salesforce record.
- Choose when you would like to import Arlo records into Salesforce from. By default, the Import records into Salesforce (from Arlo) created or edited since date is set to the date of installation of the plugin.
We recommend leaving the import date as From now. This is so you can configure your custom field mapping once the connection has been established. You can then change the date to synchronise older records after your field mapping is complete (so that all historic custom field information can be passed through to Salesforce).
- Press Connect to Arlo. You will be directed to a login page for Arlo.
- Enter your Arlo login details.
The Arlo user account being used to connect to Salesforce must be loaded as an administrator in Arlo. API is enabled by default on the first administrator created on your platform.
We recommend using a separate account than your administrator accounts for auditing purposes. Contact Arlo Support if you would like to get an additional administrator account for use with your Salesforce integration.
- Keep all permissions checked.
- Press Yes, allow. You will be redirected back to Salesforce.
The Arlo platform is now connected to Salesforce, and you can synchronise your records between the two systems.
If courses are created on your Arlo platform prior to connecting the Arlo for Salesforce plugin you must ensure you set the Import records into Salesforce (from Arlo) created or edited since date to a historic date, prior to these courses being created in Arlo. This setting will determine from which date Arlo courses are synced with Salesforce. By default, the date is set to the date of installation of the plugin.
If you do not change the default during the installation process and you have courses on Arlo created or edited before this date which you would like in Salesforce, you will need to update this setting.
Update the import date
- Open the Arlo for Salesforce app on your Salesforce platform.
- Select the Settings tab.
- Select your active connection.
- Select Settings.
- From the Import Settings section, change the Import Records Since to a date before the courses you would like imported were created, by pressing the pencil icon.
- Press Save.
Courses created in Arlo after the Import Records Since date will synchronise automatically between Arlo and Salesforce on a regular basis.
If you want to see your updated information immediately, you can perform a manual sync.
- In Salesforce, navigate to the Training and Events tab.
- Click Synchronise now.
When a new Arlo connector version is made available, it can be found on the Salesforce marketplace. You'll need to click the "Get It Now" button, and login and then there will be an "Upgrade" button.
Once you click the "Upgrade" button, it should ask you if you want to update the version on your sandbox or production environment. We recommend that the plugin is tested in the sandbox environment first so you can be sure that it doesn't adversely affect your data, and once you are satisfied, you can update the version in your production environment.