The following article details the synchronisation relationship between Salesforce and Arlo and explains how to run a synchronisation manually.
Only contacts and accounts associated with registrations or leads in Arlo will be synchronised to Salesforce. All other records should be created in Salesforce, not Arlo (as Salesforce is treated as the master CRM).
The following entities are imported from Arlo into Salesforce, on a regular basis automatically.
- Contacts - Where they do not already exist in Salesforce (and provided they have a registration against them in Arlo)
- Organisations (as Accounts) - Where they do not already exist in Salesforce and there is an associated registration or lead for that organisation.
- Registrations - If selected during setup, this is recommended.
- Events - If selected during setup, this is recommended.
- Leads (as Opportunities) - If selected during setup, this is recommended.
Salesforce contacts and accounts are not exported into Arlo. Salesforce is considered the master CRM, so records will only remain in that system.
The following entities are updated in Salesforce when changes are detected in Arlo, on a regular basis automatically.
If a contact or account is updated in Arlo and is linked to a contact or account in Salesforce - the Salesforce record will not be updated as Salesforce is always treated as the master record holder.
If a contact or account is updated in Salesforce and is linked to a contact or organisation in Arlo - the Arlo record will be updated.
Arlo matches to a contact where the first name, last name, and email address as the same. Arlo matches to an account when the organisation name is the same.
Without manually triggering an update, both systems will automatically synchronise on the following basis.
- A change to a record in Salesforce will be updated in Arlo within a few minutes.
- A change made to a record in Arlo will take up to an hour to be updated in Salesforce.
The following information describes how to trigger an update between Arlo and Salesforce so that the latest data is copied between the two systems.
In Salesforce open the Arlo plugin.
- Select the Training and Events tab.
- Click Synchronise now. The synchronisation may take up to 30 minutes depending on your database size.