Salesforce and Arlo Synchronization
The following article details the relationship between Salesforce and Arlo and explains how to run a synchronization.
Imports and Exports
Imported from Arlo into Salesforce:
- Contacts (where they do not already exist in Salesforce).
- Organisations (as Accounts) (where they do not already exist in Salesforce).
- Important: Arlo will only add Contacts and Accounts into Salesforce if they are associated to Events, Leads, or Registrations.
- Arlo will not update any existing Contact or Account details in Salesforce, it will only add the Event, Lead, or Registration details to the Salesforce record.
- Registrations - If selected during setup, this is recommended.
- Events - If selected during setup, this is recommended.
- Leads (as Opportunities) - If selected during setup, this is recommended.
Salesforce information is not exported into Arlo.
Updates to Records
Updates from Arlo to Salesforce
The following entities are updated in Salesforce when changes are made in Arlo.
If a contact or account is updated in Arlo and is linked to a contact or account in Salesforce - the Salesforce record will be not be updated.
Updates from Salesforce to Arlo
If a contact or account is updated in Salesforce and is linked to a contact or account in Arlo - the Arlo record will be updated. Arlo matches to a contact where the First Name, Last Name, and Email address as the same. Arlo matches to an Account with the Organisation Name is the same.
Start the Synchronization between Salesforce and Arlo
The following information describes how to trigger an update between Arlo and Salesforce so that the latest data is copied between the two systems.
- While in the Arlo app
- Select the Training and Events tab
- Click Synchronize Now.
Note: Once you have triggered the update in Salesforce you will need to wait up to half an hour before the new information is copied across. This is dependent on your database size.
Without manually triggering an update, both systems will automatically synchronize on the following basis.
- A change to a record in Salesforce will be updated in Arlo within a few minutes.
- A change made to a record in Arlo will take up to an hour to be updated in Salesforce.
Other articles that may be helpful: