In this article
The following article details the relationship between Salesforce and Arlo and explains how to run a synchronization.
- Imports and exports
- Updates to records
- Synchronization times between Arlo and Salesforce
- Running a manual synchronization
Imports and exports
Imported from Arlo into Salesforce
The following entities are imported into Salesforce from Arlo on a regular basis automatically.
- Contacts - where they do not already exist in Salesforce.
- Organisations (as Accounts) - where they do not already exist in Salesforce.
- Important: Arlo will not update any existing Contact or Account details in Salesforce, it will only add the Event, Lead, or Registration details to the Salesforce record.
- Registrations - If selected during setup, this is recommended.
- Events - If selected during setup, this is recommended.
- Leads (as Opportunities) - If selected during setup, this is recommended.
Important: Salesforce contacts and accounts are not exported into Arlo.
Updates to Records
Updates from Arlo to Salesforce
The following entities are updated in Salesforce when changes are made in Arlo on a regular basis automatically.
Important: If a contact or account is updated in Arlo and is linked to a contact or account in Salesforce - the Salesforce record will be not be updated as Salesforce is always treated as the master record holder.
Updates from Salesforce to Arlo
If a contact or account is updated in Salesforce and is linked to a contact or organisation in Arlo - the Arlo record will be updated.
Important: Arlo matches to a contact where the First Name, Last Name, and Email address as the same. Arlo matches to an Account with the Organisation Name is the same.
Synchronization times between Salesforce and Arlo
Without manually triggering an update, both systems will automatically synchronize on the following basis.
- A change to a record in Salesforce will be updated in Arlo within a few minutes.
- A change made to a record in Arlo will take up to an hour to be updated in Salesforce.
Running a manual synchronization
The following information describes how to trigger an update between Arlo and Salesforce so that the latest data is copied between the two systems.
- In Salesforce open the Arlo plugin.
- Select the Training and Events tab.
- Click Synchronize now.
Note: Once you have triggered the update in Salesforce you will need to wait up to half an hour before the new information is copied across. This is dependent on your database size.