The following article gives an overview of the integration between Arlo and Moodle.
Arlo’s integration with Moodle (Learning Management System) allows you to offer eLearning courses, as well as extend the value of your face-to-face and webinar courses. You can easy offer access to course resources and material or take it further and transform your courses to a blended learning experience consisting of multiple activities. Include activities such as live online sessions, self-paced online activities, discussion forums, recorded videos, assignments, quizzes and more.
- An instance of Moodle that is at least version 3.1
- The Arlo for Moodle plugin (This will soon be available on the Moodle plugin directory)
- Moodle platforms SMTP settings configured and tested.
- Access the server's Operating System (OS) in which the Moodle platform is hosted on.
Contact Arlo's sales team if you would like to set up Moodle integration for your organisation.
Arlo Event code → Moodle Course
Moodle courses contain:
- An Arlo event code can only be mapped to one course in Moodle. Once the initial mapping is chosen in Moodle, the Arlo event code will not appear for further mapping on other Moodle courses. If the mapping to an existing Moodle course is removed, then the Arlo event code will be free for mapping to another Moodle course.
- When the event code is updated in Arlo, the admin needs to login to Moodle and link the new event code to the Moodle course as the mapping is broken with an event code change.
- Any of the event properties like website display status, default delivery method etc.. does not effect the listing of Arlo event code for selection in Moodle. Also, integration transfers only the event code and hence none of the event content [summary, description etc] is mapped in Arlo or Moodle
- When the event code mapping is updated on a course in Moodle [to a different event code]:
- Existing groups on the course are removed.
- Existing users access on the course are retained without a group.
- The “Group Enrollment Methods“ in Moodle reflects the updated code in text e.g. Arlo enrolments (<New event code>).
- When a Moodle course and Arlo event code are remapped, Moodle will not automatically assign a group to the previous user [Groups can be manually assigned in Moodle].
If the enrolment method is removed from the course in Moodle, existing enrolled users are removed from the course.
Registrations and Contact Management
Arlo Enrolment Management in Moodle
- New registration from Arlo creates an enrollment to the course in Moodle, only when the registration is in “Approved”,”In Progress” or “Completed” status
- When an active registration is cancelled in Arlo, the enrollment becomes inactive in Moodle and user is removed from the respective group in Moodle
- When a registrant is transferred from one event to another, existing enrolment will be inactive and user will be removed from the group in Moodle. New enrolment is created in Moodle for the new course (if mapping exists for new event) and Moodle course welcome notification is sent to the registrant
- When a registrant is changed on a registration in Arlo, a new contact will be created in Moodle (if does not exist) and provided access to the course with a notification. Existing contacts enrolment will be inactive and user removed from the group
If the enrolment is removed in Moodle for registrations with enrolment method as Arlo enrolment in Moodle:
- Admin will not be able to remove the enrolment logging in to Moodle
- Admin needs to cancel the registration in Arlo to remove access to the associated Moodle group
Arlo Contact Management in Moodle
- If a registrant has an existing contact code the registrants contact code will be matched to their ID number and their email will be updated in Moodle.
- If the registrants contact code does not already exist a new contact code will be created in Moodle if their name or email does not exist also.
The following is a list of articles relevant to managing your eLearning courses powered by Moodle.
- Create an online activity
- Search for an online activity
- Manage registrations for online activities
- Send printable certificates to registrants
- Set up Moodle integration
- Sell an online course on your website, powered by Moodle
- Sell an event with online resources, powered by Moodle
Other eLearning related information