The following article explains the recommended process on how to find a presenter using the Presenter Request feature, for an event that has a proposed date that is yet to be confirmed. Note: Presenter requests are only available on the Arlo Enterprise plan. To upgrade, contact the Arlo Sales team.
In this Article
- Setup Draft Event and send a Presenter Request(s)
- Process for Presenters
- Process for Administrators when a Presenter Request Response is Received
Setup Draft Event and send Presenter Request(s)
- From the main menu, select Events.
- Press New Event.
- Navigate to the Schedule tab. Important: Ensure that you have assigned either an event/template manager and support staff to the event to receive the presenter request response notifications.
- Press Add Presenter. Note: For Multi-session events, you will need to add a session to see this.
- Enter the presenters' name in the contact selector, and tick Send schedule request. Note: Press Search to use the Presenter Scheduler.
- Press Add.
- The presenter will be added to the event with a message 'A request will be sent on save'.
- Add additional presenters if required.
- Continue through the event setup wizard. Note: Read how to enable an outstanding task notification for the event/template manager and support staff to be alerted of any outstanding presenter requests on an event.
- Create the event as Draft. Note: If the event is saved as a draft a presenter request will still be sent.
The presenter requests will be sent to the selected presenters immediately.
When a response is made an email will be sent to the event/template manager and support staff based on the schedule outlined in the Presenter Request settings. This process also works if the platform is using the Event Confirmation workflow, but presenter confirmation will not be sent until the event has been approved and confirmed.
Process for Presenters
The presenter(s) will be sent a request to present at the event, and have the ability to accept or decline the request. They can also leave a note for the administrator when submitting their response, for example why they cannot accept the request.
Process for Administrators when a Presenter Request Response is Received
Example of the Presenter Requests Summary
Based on the response received from the presenter, the administrator should do one of the following actions;
- If the request is accepted, approve the draft event. Presenter confirmation will then be sent to the presenter(s). Note: If you only need one presenter and have sent multiple requests, you need to cancel the outstanding requests.
- If the request is declined either;
Other articles that may be helpful: