The following article explains the recommended process on how to find a specific date for an event that suits a presenter using the presenter request feature. Note: Presenter requests are only available on the Arlo Enterprise plan. To upgrade, contact the Arlo Sales team.
In this Article
- Set up Draft Event and send a Presenter Request(s)
- Process for Presenters
- Process for Administrators when a Presenter Request Response is Received
Set up Draft Event and send Presenter Request(s)
- From the main menu, select Events.
- Press New Event.
- Navigate to the Schedule tab. Important: Ensure that you have assigned either a event/template manager and support staff to the event to receive the presenter request response notifications.
- Press Add Presenter. Note: For Multi-session events you will need to add a session to see this.
- Enter the presenters' name in the contact selector. Note: Press Search to use the Presenter Scheduler.
- Press Add.
- Select the Presenter Settings and press Send new presenter request on save.
- The presenter will be added to the event with a message 'A request will be sent on save'.
- Add additional presenters if required.
- Continue through the event setup wizard. Note: Read how to enable an outstanding task notification for the event/template manager and support staff to be alerted of any outstanding presenter requests on an event.
- Create the event as Draft. Note: If the event is saved as a draft a presenter request will still be sent.
- Follow the Manage presenters request process, and edit the requests details (accompanying message) noting that you need the presenter to respond with a date which they are available to present the event on.
The presenter requests will be sent to the selected presenters immediately. When a response is made an email will be sent to the event/template manager and support staff based on the schedule outlined in the Presenter Request settings. This process also works if the platform is using the Event Confirmation workflow, but presenter confirmation will not be sent until the event has been approved and confirmed.
Process for Presenters
The presenter(s) will be sent a request to present at the event, and have the ability to accept or decline the request. They can also leave a note for the administrator when submitting their response, for example, dates that they are available to present if they cannot accept the request.
Process for Administrators when a Presenter Request Response is Received
Example of the Presenter Requests Summary
Based on the response received from the presenter, the administrator should do one of the following actions;
- If the request is accepted, approve the draft event. Presenter confirmation will then be sent to the presenter(s). Note: If you only need one presenter and have sent multiple requests, you need to cancel the outstanding requests.
- If the request is declined either;
Other articles that may be helpful: