The Arlo for Wordpress plugin includes page filters which allow you to show or exclude groups of events from appearing on specific Arlo for WordPress pages. You can filter events by categories, template tags, event tags, delivery types and locations. You have the option to "Show all except" or "Hide all except". The filter is set at the page level and allows you to promote different groups of events on different pages/areas of the website.
Page filter user story
User case: My organisation offers both events and training courses however these need to be promoted separately on the website e.g. I have an events area on the website and a training area. I don't want to see any events promoted in the training area vice-versa.
Solution: Set up website categories for your events and different training types. On the training page, you can set the page filter to show all website categories excluding "events". On your events page, you can set the filter to hide all categories excluding "Events".
The same solution above can also be applied filtering pages using template tags, event tags, delivery types and locations.
Setting up your page filters
Add new Arlo for WordPress pages (if required)
- If you're wanting to promote different groups of courses on separate pages you will first need to create the new pages.
- Here is a step by step guide on how to create multiple Arlo for WordPress pages
- Create these new Arlo for WordPress pages and add the shortcodes generated to pages on your website ready to apply filters.
Setup page filters
- Open your Arlo for WordPress plugin settings
- Select the pages tab
- Select the page you want to apply the page filter too
- Below the page code, you will see the filter options available under 'Page filtered by'
Note: Filter options available depend on the page type.
- Select the page filter you want to apply to the page and it will expand
- Under 'Select an action' select the action you require. e.g. Select 'Hide all except' if you want exclude events from showing unless they belong to your selected option. Select 'Show all except' if you want to show all events unless they belong to your selected option.
- Once your action is selected. Select your option from the drop-down.
Note: If you recently added a new category, tag, location or event you may need to resync the Arlo for WordPress plugin if you cannot see it as a filter option.
- You can add additional filter options to the page by selecting the filter type or selecting the + if its the same filter type.
- Press 'Save Changes' and select the next Arlo for WordPress page and complete the same process.
Note: You may need to manually resync your Arlo for WordPress plugin if filters are not applying to the website once you have saved your changes.