In this article
The following article shows you how to open the Arlo plugin in Salesforce and choose how fields should be mapped or matched between the two systems.
Important: The following instructions have been written using the Lightning version of Salesforce.
- Access field mapping setting in Salesforce
- Map a new field to Salesforce
- Remove a field being mapped
- Can't find a field in Salesforce?
- Custom field information not showing in Salesforce?
Arlo allows you to create and store custom fields against a number of entities such as contacts, organisations, events, registrations, and leads. Using the Salesforce integration, you can configure custom field mapping which allows Arlo to send this information directly across to Salesforce automatically.
Access field mapping settings
- Log in to Salesforce
- Open the Settings tab.
- Click Arlo to open the plugin settings.
- From the Information section, click Settings.
- Click the Field Mappings heading. Your fields will take a moment to load.
- In the Salesforce field mapping settings, each entity will be displayed with a collapsible section. Click the relevant section (e.g. Contact) to show all active fields for that entity.
- Fixed Arlo fields being mapped to Salesforce for the entity will be displayed. Learn more about fixed field mappings.
Map a new field to Salesforce
- In Arlo, ensure you have activated the field you would like to map to Salesforce. Learn how to configure system and custom fields in Arlo. In Salesforce, also ensure you have the field available that you would like to map to.
- In Salesforce, from the field mapping settings, click Add Row.
- In the Arlo Field column, click on the drop-down.
- Select the Arlo field you would like to map from the list.
- In the Salesforce field column, click on the drop-down.
- Select the Salesforce field you would like to Arlo data to be mapped to. Important: If you receive an error, the field may already be mapped to an existing field on the entity or the field type may not be compatible e.g. you cannot map a drop-down to a textbox.
- Repeat these steps for any additional fields you would like to map.
- Press Save at the bottom of the page.
- You will receive a success confirmation message. Important: Before you can see any of the data in Salesforce you will need to trigger a synchronisation.
Remove a field from being mapped to Salesforce
If you no longer wish for information to be mapped between Arlo and Salesforce, you will need to remove the field mapping setting. Important: You cannot remove mapping for any fixed fields.
You can do this in Arlo by disabling the field. This will not remove any existing field values in Salesforce but will stop any new records using the mapping. The field will show as disabled in the Salesforce field mapping settings.
You can also remove the mapping in Salesforce. This will not disabled the field in Arlo, but will stop any new records created in Salesforce using the mapping. Once you have removed the field, press Save.
Can't find a field in Salesforce?
If you can't find the field that Arlo is mapping to you may need to change the field availability permissions in Salesforce. Learn more about modifying field access settings.
Custom field information not showing in Salesforce?
If your Salesforce connection has already completed a synchronization of historic Arlo information before you configure your custom field mapping settings, the custom field data for contacts, organisations, and leads will not be displayed in Salesforce.
This is because each record only synchronizes to Salesforce once (when it is created).
For this reason, when setting up the Salesforce integration we recommend leaving the initial import date as 'From now'. This is so you can configure your custom field mapping once the connection has been established.
You can then change the date to synchronize older records after your field mapping is complete (so that all historic custom field information can be passed through to Salesforce when the record is created).