The following article describes how to find, view and export contacts and organisations in your Arlo lists.
The selector, used in the various places within the platform, is used to search for and select contacts and organisations. The information below explains how to use the contact and organisation selector.
- Start typing the name of the record you are looking for and the results of the search will appear as you type. You can use partial spelling, e.g. 'Ada' to find 'Adam'.
- Click on the name of the record you would like to select. If the required record does not already exist, click +New to create a new record.
- Once you have selected the record it will appear in the box and be underlined.
- Double-click the record to open and edit it, if required.
You can also use the Global search to find contacts and organisations.
- Open the Contacts or Organisations menu item.
- Use one of the options below to search the list of records.
- Enter a search term into the search box.
- As you type, search suggestions will be displayed. Select one of these to be taken directly to the selected record.
- You can search for a contact using their first name, last name, and their email address.
- You can search for an organisation using its name, account manager, and key contact.
- Refine your search by selecting one of the search filters. Your search will then be narrowed to only include matches on the search filter field selected.
Alternatively, you can use filters to narrow down the list of visible contacts or organisations. You can apply one or more filters to the results.
Applying a basic filter
- Click the drop-down arrow to the right of the search box to display the available filters. Click on the required filter to apply it.
- You can apply multiple filters to the list by repeating this process.
Apply an advanced filter (contacts only)
The advanced filters option allows you to create and add filters which include multiple conditions. If you need to apply an advanced filter to organisations, you should use the organisation list report.
- Click the drop-down arrow to the right of the search box to display the available filters.
- Click Advanced...
- Add your filter query (See advanced filter examples below).
- Press Apply Advanced Filter.
Advanced filter examples
- View contacts who have given their consent to receive newsletters.
- View contacts who are from (postal address city is) Auckland or Sydney.
- View contacts whose position (job title) includes the words Sales or Account, e.g. Sales Managers and Account Managers.
You can use the main search tool on the top right of the management platform to quickly find contacts and organisations. Contact search results also include links to current registrations (and the order associated with the registrations) and current certifications.
You can use a range of information to search for a contact or organisation, including custom fields, a contact's preferred name, and notes stored on a contact or organisation. Search results are listed with a Google-like ranking where the best match is displayed at the top.
Tips for using the global search:
- You can combine a person's name and an organisation's name. For example, searching on Jeffrey Arlo would find Jeffrey Bloom from Arlo.
- You can search on a contact's full name or their preferred name.
- You can include partial spelling. For example, searching on Fel Merring would find Felicity Merrington.
- You can search on an email domain. For example, searching on designq.com would find all contacts with an email address ending in designq.com, e.g. email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have multiple regions (multi-region platforms), the search will only apply to contacts and organisations within your selected region. Set your region selector to All in order to view all results.
If the result you are expecting does not appear, filter the search results based on the type of record you are looking for. Select the record type from the menu on the left, e.g. contact, organisation.
Contact Arlo Support if the results in the search are not ranked in the order you would expect, or the search is not listing items you expected to be in the results.
There are a number of views you can use to see certain information about your contacts and organisations, for example, a view providing a list of contact names and registration counts.
- Open the Contacts or Organisations menu.
- Click the view you wish to see.
- If desired, you can export information from the view screens.
The following process describes how to export your contact or organisation records to a spreadsheet (CSV format).
You can export more targeted information using Arlo reports.
- Open the Contacts or Organisation menu.
- If you would like to filter the list of contacts, press the filter arrow and select the filter you would like to apply.
- Press the export arrow, and select the export option you need, e.g. Export all contact information (CSV).