In this article
The following article provides an overview of roles and permissions in Arlo and how to allow and manage role-based users.
Arlo has read-only and role-based access, meaning users can have different access levels to your platform.
Note: Arlo is currently adding more user roles, e.g. manage orders, manage registrations, etc. We'll update this article as roles are added. Follow this article to be notified automatically when new role types are available.
Role-based users are available on the Enterprise service plan. Please contact Arlo Sales if you would like to upgrade.
Understanding role types
- No access to management platform.
- Will show in the list of presenters for administrators to assign to events.
- If granted API access, they will be able to access the Arlo for Mobile App.
- There are no user fees for presenters.
Access to the API
- Gives presenters access to the Arlo for Mobile app (if they are not a system administrator).
- Allows your consultants, IT staff, etc to connect Arlo to API integrations.
- There are no user fees for API users.
- Gives the user read-only access to the platform (can view but not edit information).
- Can export data from lists and views.
- Cannot access settings or reports.
- There are no user fees for read-only users. This role type is only available on the Enterprise service plan.
- Administrators have full edit access to Arlo, including platform and website settings.
- Automatic, full access to the Arlo for Mobile app.
- System administrator licenses are charged as per your Arlo contract or our standard pricing.
Manage your users' access