Custom fields allow you to store information directly against a contact/organisation's record using a range of field types.
Once configured, contact fields can also be included within your registration forms and customer portal update forms so that any required information can be captured/updated online.
There is a range of reports available that include custom field information.
You can also import custom fields when adding/updating contacts in Arlo and run reports on field information.
In this article:
- Feature overview
- Add contact/organisation fields to your platform
- Add custom contact fields to your website registration forms
- Entering custom field information manually
- Reporting on custom fields
Unlike registration fields, which allow you to store the information against a single registration, contact/organisation field information is stored against a contact's record.
Contact fields should be used for information that is allowed to be overwritten (if updated) by future registrations, for example, your applicants' contact details. If the information should never be overwritten, consider creating a custom registration field instead, which is stored against a single registration record.
Add contact/organisation fields to your platform
Below are some examples of information you might want to capture at a contact level, as it is not likely that this will need to be changed across registrations:
- Emergency contact name
- License number
- Education level
- Year graduated
- Passport number
Learn how to add, edit and remove contact and organisation fields on your platform.
Add custom contact fields to your website registration forms
The following process outlines how to capture contact information during the website checkout process.
- Add the contact fields you would like to collect on your website forms.
- Setup your website registration forms to include the custom contact fields.
Note: Contact fields are classified with the 'Contact' entity.
Entering custom field information manually
You need to have already added your custom fields to the platform to be able to do this. Learn how to add, edit and remove fields.
- Open the contact/organisation you would like to enter the custom field data against.
- Enter the field information for the contact/organisation. Custom fields are added to:
- Personal tab for contacts.
- Company tab for organisations.
- Personal tab for contacts.
Report on custom fields
If you have custom fields set up for your contacts/organisations on your platform (to include in your registration forms), you can report on these in the following reports.
- Registrations list report (Contact only)
- Event registrants report (Contact only)
- Registration list (advanced) report
- Event list (advanced) report
- Application (advanced) report
- Order lines (advanced) report
- Waiting list (advanced) report
Note: Multi-line custom fields cannot be included in the standard reports and custom date fields do not respect timezone settings.