The following article outlines how to send new events to an Office 365/Outlook calendar using Zapier.
To create and use these Zaps you will need to have a Zapier starter plan or above and access multi-step Zaps and an Office 365 or Exchange account with Outlook.
If you can cancel or update a course (date/time) in Arlo you will need to update the appointment in Office 365/Outlook manually, as it does not support calendar updates via Zapier.
- In your Zapier Dashboard select Create Zap
- Search for and Select Arlo from the app selector
- Choose New Event as the Trigger Event and click Continue
- Choose your account and click Continue
- On the find data step click Test Trigger
If Zapier says it cannot find any events to display try scheduling a new event in your platform, waiting a couple minutes and click test again.
- Click Continue after the test has completed
- Search for and select Microsoft office 365 as the new Trigger
If you don't have Office 365, you can substitute this app with Outlook instead. The steps to complete this Zap are the same for both.
- For Choose Action Event select Create Event and click Continue
- Select the Office 365/Outlook account you'd like to connect to the Zap
You will need to connect to your Office 365 account if this is the first time you've used it for a Zap.
- Set which calendar you want the event to be added to.
If your team has a dedicated event calendar that is shared, this is a good option to choose or you will need to create multiple Zaps to send to events to individual calendars.
- Select the information which you would like Arlo to send into the calendar appointment.
- If you have additional individuals you would like calendar appointments to be sent to, you can list their email addresses in the 'Attendees' section.
- With the required information and any custom information completed, click Continue
- In the final step you can test that the Zap will work and a new event is added successfully. Click Test & Continue
- New events will be created in your chosen calendar automatically, and appointments will be sent to any additional parties added to the 'Attendee' list.
- The Zap is now created and ready to go, all that's left is to give it a name and turn it on