This Article will cover adding an event to an Exchange or Outlook 365 Calendar when it's created in Arlo using Zapier
- To create and use these Zaps you will need to have a starter plan or above with Zapier to access multi-step Zaps.
- You will need a Office 365 or Exchange account with Outlook set up.
- In your Zapier Dashboard select Create Zap
- Search for and Select Arlo from the app selector
- Choose New Event as the Trigger Event and click Continue
- Choose your account and click Continue
- On the find data step click Test Trigger
If Zapier says it cannot find any events to display try scheduling a new event in your platform, waiting a couple minutes and click test again.
- Click Continue after the test has completed
- Search for and select Microsoft office 365 as the new Trigger
You need an Office 365 account to use this app, if you just have an outlook account you'll need to use the Outlook app instead but the setup is the same for both.
- For Choose Action Event select Create Event and click Continue
- Select the Office 365 account you'd like to connect to the Zap
You will need to connect to your Office 365 account if this is the first time you've used it for a Zap.
- The Customise Event section allows you to enter information pulled from Arlo into the events fields and combine it with unique Outlook information and options
- First set which calendar group and individual calendar you want the event to be added to
You can add shared calendars here, if your team has a dedicated event calendar this is a good one to choose.
- Populate the required calendar appointment fields with Arlo information
- You can additionally set custom information including:
- These can be added manually to inform specific team members that would not be notified by Arlo of new events.
- With the required information and any custom information completed, click Continue
- In the final step you can test that the Zap will work and a new event is added successfully. Click Test & Continue
- The new event will be in your chosen calendar
- The Zap is now created and ready to go, all that's left is to give it a name and turn it on