This Article will cover adding a row to a Excel Workbook when a new registration is taken in Arlo.
There are a lot of variations on how you can use this Zap to suit your specific needs, such as filtering results so only registrations with certain sessions selected and have paid are added to specific workbooks. In this example we'll keep it very simple and go through adding a specific courses registrants to its associated workbook.
- To create and use these Zaps you will need to have a starter plan or above with Zapier to access multi-step Zaps.
- You will need a Office 365 account with Excel set up.
- In your Zapier Dashboard select Create Zap.
- Search for and Select Arlo from the app selector.
- Choose the required registration trigger (New Basic, New Multi-Session, or New Elearning registration) as the Trigger Event and press Continue.
- Choose your account and press Continue.
- On the find data step press Test and Continue.
If Zapier says it cannot find any registrations to display try creating a new registration in your platform, waiting a couple minutes, and clicking test again.
- Press Continue after the test has completed.
- Search for and select Microsoft Excel as the new Trigger.
- For Choose Action Event select Add Row and press Continue.
- Select the Microsoft account you'd like to connect to the Zap.
You will need to connect to your Microsoft account if this is the first time you've used it for a Zap.
- Specify where the Zap can find the Excel Spreadsheet and Worksheet.
- Zapier will then pull in the columns you have set up in the Worksheet.
- Enter the Arlo registration information you'd like to add to the sheet.
This information will be unique to your worksheet and is where you can leverage the greatest value from Zapier, creating highly customised spreadsheets that are part of a larger workflow!
- With the spreadsheet selected and the Arlo information inputted to the relevant columns, press Continue.
- In the final step you can test that the Zap will work and a new row is added successfully. Press Test & Continue.
- The new information will be in your chosen spreadsheet.
- The Zap is now created and ready to go, all that's left is to give it a name and turn it on.