Arlo integrates with GoToWebinar so that webinars created can be synchronized directly into Arlo and promoted on your website. Arlo can take the registrations and payments for these webinars, and the registration information is automatically sent to GoToWebinar.
The following process describes how to create a new webinar and link it to Arlo.
Ensure your event mapping configuration is correct
When creating a webinar in GoToWebinar, you can link it to an event template. If there is no existing template for the webinar in Arlo, you should create it in Arlo first. Learn more about creating event templates.
GoToWebinar can create an event template in Arlo if one doesn't exist, if you have this option enabled in your GoToWebinar integration settings. We don't generally recommend this, as usually, you'll need to add Arlo specific settings to a template (such as price).
Create the webinar(s) in GoToWebinar
- Sign in to GoToWebinar.
- Press Schedule a webinar.
- Enter the name and description of the webinar.
Depending on your GoToWebinar integration settings in Arlo, either the title of the webinar must match exactly to the name of the template to be linked in Arlo, or the description must include the template code.
- On the Manage Webinar page, in the Emails section, turn off the relevant emails as Arlo will send instruction emails and reminders as appropriate, including the link that the registrant needs to access the webinar.
- Next to the email you wish to turn off, press Edit
- Remove the checkbox from the top of the page, e.g. Send Confirmation Email to Registrants.
- Press Save
- Repeat for all emails until all emails are turned off:
Synchronise the webinar(s) to Arlo
Your webinars will synchronise automatically (roughly every 15 minutes), but if you need to synchronise it right away, follow these instructions:
- In Arlo, select Settings from the main menu
- Select GoToWebinar.
- Select the Organizers tab from the vertical menu.
- Select the Organisers you would like to synchronise by ticking the checkbox in each row.
- Press Actions.
- Select Synchronise webinars now.
Check and edit settings and approve the webinar
You may now view and edit the webinar as you would a normal event in Arlo. If your GoToWebinar integration settings specify that new webinars created by GoToWebinar are created as draft events, you will need to approve the webinar before it is published on your website.
Webinars created from an existing template will inherit the template's settings, including price and registration methods. You might like to edit the price, add presenters, or change the registration method before approving.