Arlo allows you to accept payments and make refunds by credit card through the Arlo Shopping Cart. PxPay 2.0 is an independent e-commerce solution provided by Windcave (formerly Payment Express) that integrates directly with Arlo. You can choose to have clients directed to a Windcave payment page or embed the payment page as an iFrame into your checkout.
Using a Hosted Payment Page to accept sensitive card data, PxPay2.0 provides a financially secure and compliant solution without exposing merchants to sensitive information.
In this article:
Payment process overview
The following diagram illustrates the payment process for an order placed through your website where payment is by credit card.
Approved merchant providers for your region
Windcave requires you to have a merchant account with one of their approved providers.
View a list of the approved providers within your region
If you are a New Zealand customer, you can check the Merchant activation guide to get an indication of what Windcave will require from your particular bank.
Service setup process
The following process outlines the steps needed to create the necessary Windcave account to integrate with Arlo.
Depending on your merchant this process may take up to two weeks.
Apply for the gateway service with Windcave
- Apply online at https://sec.paymentexpress.com/pxmi/apply
- Fill in the form with your contact and organisation details.
- In the Payment Information section - select the bank you have/will have your merchant account with and in the Pay By section, select Credit Card.
- Once the form has been submitted a Windcave Representative will be in touch.
- When they contact you, let them know you would like to apply for Windcave Hosted ‘PX Pay 2.0’ and 'PX Post'. Also, let them know Fail-proof result notification (FPRN) needs to be enabled. This is important.
Setup a merchant account with your bank
- Contact a merchant provider who Windcave (DPS) support. View a list of supported providers.
- If you are a New Zealand customer, you can check the 'Merchant Activation guide' to get an indication on what Windcave will require from your particular bank.
- Once the merchant account has been setup, send DPS your ‘Electronic merchant number’ also known as a Merchant ID or Terminal ID.
For further information, contact Windcave on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0800 729 636 (NZ), 1800 006 254 (AU), +65 3158 1353 (SG), +27 11 461 3223 (SA), +852 3 678 6766 (HK), +44 20 3318 3298 (UK), +1 212 801 2396 (USA)
Setup Windcave in Arlo
The following process outlines the steps enable the integration between Arlo and your Windcave account.
- Open the Settings menu item, and select Payment settings.
- Press Add payment method.
- Select Credit card.
- Select Windcave (Payment Express).
- Enter your Windcave credentials. If you do not have these you will need to contact Windcave.
Your PxPay password is the 64 character key that Windcave has provided, not your Windcave login password.
- Choose if all orders should be approved automatically (even if a payment fails) or only when payments have been successful in your Payment details settings.
- In the Payment due dates section, select a Set order date using setting and a Payment due setting. These are used in the event that the payment is not successfully processed.
- Ensure the payment method is available for registrants on your website checkout.
If you do not tick this, the payment method will be available internally only.
- (Optional) Choose a custom Payment label. If you add a label, it will still display the default payment name (Credit Card), with the label added to the end of the default name within Arlo. e.g. Credit card [WindCave]. It will be displayed as Windcave on your checkout.
- Choose the payment messages to be displayed on the checkout when the payment method is selected.
- Scroll to the top of the page and press Save or Save and Close.