Integration OverviewArlo supports integration with Campaign Monitor to allow you to take advantage of the great email marketing functionality. You can allow people to subscribe to your newsletter during your website registration process, or subscribe contacts in the Arlo management platform and their subscription will be automatically updated to your Newsletter subscribers list in Campaign Monitor.
Use the campaign management feature in Arlo to manage all your campaign activities; not just newsletters. Create targeted campaigns based on a specific criteria (e.g. people who have completed Course A but are yet to attend Course B, and run advanced queries and filters on contacts to generate other targeted lists.
Adding a Subscriber:
- If you add a person to your newsletter in Arlo, they will be added (subscribed) to the corresponding list in Campaign Monitor. Note: Arlo can only synchronize with one newsletter list in Campaign Monitor (lists pushed from Campaign Management feature in Arlo will create a new list in Campaign Monitor and will push up your subscriber numbers in Campaign Monitor if contacts are in multiple lists).
Changing a Subscriber:
- When you change details for a contact in Arlo (e.g. their newsletter subscription options or name), their details will be updated in Campaign Monitor.
- If you unsubscribe a person in Arlo they will be added to the Campaign Monitor Deleted group in the list. If you then re-subscribe them in Arlo, they will then be re-subscribed in Campaign Monitor.
- If you unsubscribe a person in Campaign Monitor they will still appear as subscribed in Arlo. They will not however be sent emails from Campaign Monitor (as they will be on an unsubscribe list in CM). When a contact record change triggers a sync with Campaign Monitor, the contact will then also be displayed in Arlo as unsubscribed.
- If a person unsubscribes themselves (via Campaign Monitor emails) and Arlo then tries to re-subscribe them (e.g. an admin subscribes them or they select the option in the website registration process) they will not be automatically re-subscribed. Arlo will recognize that they are currently in the unsubscribed group (not the deleted group) in Campaign Monitor and a warning message be displayed on the contact's record. From there you can force the contact to be re-subscribed in Campaign Monitor.
- If you select the Do not allow bulk emails option in Arlo (see option on a contacts Marketing tab if enabled when editing a contact), they will be added to the unsubscribe group in the Campaign Monitor list.
- Email address
- Newsletter topics
Set up Campaign Monitor Integration
- Select Settings from the main menu.
- Click Newsletter.
- In the Campaign Monitor section, enter the required information.
Hint: If you or your web design company do not already have an account set up, sign-up to Campaign Monitor to set up an account.
- Press Connect.
- Select Client.
- Select the Newsletter list in Campaign Monitor you would like your Arlo newsletter list to be synchronized with. Note: Click Create new list if you haven't already set up a list, then complete the process.
- Press Save. When the integration is complete, in the Contacts section, you will see the following message on the Newsletter tab.
- Login to Campaign Monitor.
- Select the Lists and Subscribers tab.
- Click on the List you plan to synchronize with Arlo.
- In the menu on the left, click Customize landing pages.
- In the 2. Subscription Confirmation Email section, select Do nothing.
- Press Save the subscribe process