The following instructions describe the process to set up your PayPal service and connect it with Arlo to take credit card payments.
Note: If you use the Paypal integration, you will not be able to complete partial refunds within Arlo (only full refunds). Partial refunds will need to be done from within Paypal.
In this Article:
Service Setup Process
Important: Arlo cannot integrate with any other PayPal solution than Express Checkout.
- Open PayPal's Express Checkout page.
- Press Get Started Today.
- Enter your Email Address.
- Enter your Details and press Agree and Continue.
- Enter your Business Details.
- Enter your ID Details.
- Once you have created a PayPal Business Account, From the dashboard of your PayPal Account, select the Profile main menu setting, and then select Profile and settings.
- On the side nav-bar of the Profile and Settings page, click on Selling Tools.
- On the API Access section, press Update.
- You will be asked how PayPal is set up on your website. On the 3rd option, NVP/SOAP API Integration (Classic), click on Manage API Credentials.
- The 'Signature Set' of credentials in your PayPal account will be listed (Click Show to reveal each credential).
Important: Do not leave this page. You will need these details to be loaded into Arlo. If you do need to leave the page, copy and paste all of these details below and save them in a secure place.
The following process outlines the steps enable the integration between Arlo and your Paypal account.
- From the Dashboard, click Payment Settings, or go to Settings and select Payment Settings.
- Press Add Payment Method.
- Select Credit Card.
- Select Paypal.
- Enter your Paypal credentials. Read how to find these credentials Note: If you do not have these you will need to contact PayPal or revisit step 1 of this article to learn how to retrieve these credentials.
- Choose your Payment Detail settings.
- Choose if the method should available for registrants to select on your website checkout. Note: If you do not select this, the payment method will be available internally only.
- Choose the Payment Label. If you add a label, it will still display the default payment name, with the label added to the end of the default name within the Management Platform.
- Choose the Payment Messages to be displayed with the Payment Method on the checkout.
- Scroll to the top of the page and press Save or Save and Close.
PayPal: IPNs Failing
After setting up, you may get an email from Paypal (see below example) warning you that IPNs (Instant Payment Notifications) may be disabled. Arlo does not currently support PayPal IPNs.
You may like to advise PayPal that IPN functionality is not currently supported by Arlo. They may disable the IPNs without consequence.