The following article provides an overview of Arlo's registration rules feature and will direct you to learn how to create, view, and manage your registration rules in Arlo.
In this article:
- Enable/disable the registration rules feature
- Create and apply registration rules to event templates and events
- Manage registration rules (disable, delete)
- Example registration rules
Arlo's registration rules feature is available on the Arlo Enterprise plan. Contact Arlo Sales if you would like to upgrade.
Arlo's powerful registration rules allow you to define and add custom rules to some or all of your events to block or allow registrations on the event, the events waiting list, or both, whenever certain conditions have been met.
These rules use the registering person's details to determine whether they should be allowed to register depending on the defined set of rules.
You can create rules using a wide range of criteria such as the contact's personal and organisational attributes, registration history, and even custom field information.
Enable/disable the registration rules feature on your platform
The following process outlines how to enable registration rules and explains how rules are applied to your events and event templates.
- Each platform has a default registration and waiting list rule.
- New event templates and events created after the feature is enabled will inherit the default rules.
- The default rules allow all registrations, unless you edit these. This is to reduce the risk of blocking registrations by turning the feature on accidentally.
- Existing events and templates will not inherit the default rules when the feature is enabled. You will need to enable these individually at the event template and event levels.
- If you disable the registration rules feature, it will stop all rules being enforced platform-wide.
Enabling/disabling registration rules
- Open the Settings menu.
- Select Registration rules.
- Turn the Global registration rules on or off as required.
Create and apply registration rules to event templates and events
Once the feature has been enabled, you can choose to either edit the default rules, which will be applied to all new event templates and events automatically or create new platform rules and apply these to event templates/events as required.
You can also create custom rules to be used for individual events only.
Manage registration rules (disabled, delete)
Example registration rules
This article includes examples of registration rules that you can use as a base for creating your own rules to suit your business requirements.
Report on registration rules