In this article
The following article describes how to sell a pre-recorded webinar in Arlo.
Important: These instructions are for the process to follow after you have run a webinar, which allows you to sell the webinar recording. If you need to run the webinar first using Arlo, you can do so by creating a live online event.
There are a number of steps to complete the in setup wizard. Click on the links below to go straight to the instructions for a particular step.
- Type - Choose if you would like to sell the webinar with an existing event template or not.
- General - Enter the general details of the webinar, e.g. the name, code, and price, etc.
- Website - Enter information about the webinar to be displayed on your website.
- Schedule - Enter the webinar URL.
- Registrations - Choose the registration method and registration form.
- Communication - Choose and edit automated emails sent to registrants.
- Approve and confirm - Approve and publish the webinar
Create an elearning module
- Open the Elearning menu.
- Press New elearning.
- If you have not run this webinar in Arlo select New elearning.
Note: This will also create a new event template to be used in the future for additional live webinars you run.
- If you have run this webinar in Arlo and there is an existing template for it, choose New elearning from an existing template, and then select the template from the list.
- Press Next.
Enter the general details of the recorded webinar, e.g. the name, code, and price, etc.
- From the General details section, enter the webinar name, and codes.
Note: Arlo recommends using the default codes which it will populate.
- If you have a specific administrator responsible for the webinar, assign them as the activity or template manager. Managers can run reports for their activities and will receive email notifications about them.
- From the Terminology section, enter the term you would like your webinar to be reflected as on the website and in the module instructions e.g. "Thanks for purchasing this [Singular terminology]".
- From the Price section, enter the price per registrant. If there is no price click Free elearning.
- If required, add your accounting codes and Xero tracking codes.
- If required, add the professional development points or hours.
- Press Next.
Enter information about the elearning module to be displayed on your website.
- From the Website page section, ensure your visibility settings are correct.
Hint: The website visibility will be set to published by default meaning anybody can find the webinar on your website.
- From the Website course content section, select the category/s the webinar should be displayed in, on your website.
- Enter the information about your webinar that will be displayed on it's template page.
Hint: Learn how to add new website content sections, or to Correct badly formatted text copied from Word (Bad HTML).
- From the Website elearning content section, select if the webinar should be published on your website.
- From the Elearning content section, enter the URL that will be sent to registrants to access the webinar.
Note: Arlo will automatically add this URL to the webinar instructions which you can edit at the end of this process.
- Select the registration method appropriate for the webinar.
Hint: If you need to take payment from registrants, select Order Process. If the webinar is free, select Quick Registration.
- Enter the Registration message to be displayed with the webinar on your website.
- From the Website registration form section, select the registration form for this webinar.
Hint: Unless you require a specific form for this webinar, you should use the default registration forms for maintainability purposes.
- Press Next.
- Choose and edit the automated emails sent to registrants.
- Click Edit to customize the Registrant instructions.
- Click Edit to customize the Registrant cancellation.
Approve and confirm
- If you wish for the webinar to be published immediately, and you have finalised all of the details, press Create and approve.
- If you want to save the webinar, but do not want to publish it or have any communication sent out, press Create as draft. You will be able to approve it when you are ready. Learn how to approve draft events.