The following article outlines how to change and reset an administrator or presenters username and password.
Arlo does not have any complexity requirements for its passwords, however, some devices, such as iPhones, may have more stringent requirements.
You must be logged in as an Administrator to perform this task. If a contact has not yet activated their account the following message will be displayed on their Home tab.
To set up a password you can either;
- Click Activate now and you will be able to enter a password for the contact yourself.
- Click Resend activation email and the system will send the contact an email with instructions on setting up their password.
- Open the Settings menu.
- Click Administrators.
- Select a user from the list.
- From the toolbar menu, press Change Password.
- Enter the new password twice.
- Press Save.
- Open your Arlo login page.
- Enter the username in the Username field.
- Click on the Forgot your password? link.
- Enter your email address.
- Press Send Email.
- Click Reset my account password link in the email. You will be taken to the Reset Password page to enter your new password.
- Enter the new password (twice).
- Press Save Password.
- Click Login now.
Changing a contact's email address will not automatically update their username. You will need to do this by following the steps below.
- Open the Contacts menu.
- Open the contact whose username you would like to edit.
- Press Edit.
- Select the Security tab from the vertical menu.
- Enter a new Username.
- Press Save.
- Open your website login page.
- Click on the Forgot your username? link. You will be taken to the Forgot Login page.
- Enter your email address. If you get a message saying "We couldn't find an existing account in our system with that e-mail" then you do not have a Username assigned. Please follow the Create a new contact process.