Arlo allows you to generate a list of email addresses to send emails using your default browser email client. The following article describes how to send an email from a course.
Emails that are sent manually will not show in the Communication Log in Arlo.
You can also access communication for a record on their communication logs. Each record has their own log which stores all of the automated communication Arlo has ever sent to them.
- Access communication for a record by pressing the Communication tab.
Arlo allows you to easily manually send course instructions to course registrants, for example, if you choose not to send them automatically when registrations are created.
- Open the Courses menu item.
- Find and select the course you would like to send course instructions for.
- Select the Registrations tab.
- Select the registrants you would like to send instructions to.
- Press Actions and select Resend instructions.
Re-sending communication will send it to the original email address. If the contact's email address has been updated in Arlo and you wish to send the communication to their new email, you will need to forward the communication instead.
You can view a list of all the emails sent from Arlo by accessing the communication log on an item (e.g. a course or contact). You can also view, print, forward, and re-send each email.
- Open the Reports menu item.
- Click Communication log.
- To resend an email, select an email(s) and press Resend.
You can search for emails using the search bar on the page.
- To forward or print an email, open it from the list and press Forward or Print.
When you forward communication, if the order contact was copied (cc'd) into the original email, they will also receive the forwarded email that you send, including any edits to the subject line.
To complete this, you need to ensure your browser (e.g. Google chrome) is set up to use your correct email client.
- Open the Courses menu item.
- Find and select the course you would like to send emails for.
- From the toolbar, press Email and select the contacts you would like to email from the list.
Some mail clients (like Outlook) can have limits on the To and BCC fields which may mean not all email addresses are included. We advise checking that all intended recipients are listed in the outgoing email.
You can use your presenters' details in Arlo to easily generate a list to use when sending an email. You will need Microsoft Excel to complete this process.
- Open the Presenters menu item.
- Click Export, and select Export what I see (CSV).
- A spreadsheet file (CSV format) will be downloaded. Open this in Microsoft Excel.
- Select the presenter's email addresses.
- Right click and select copy from the menu.
Pressing Ctrl + C will also copy the content you have selected.
- Use your email application to open a new email.
- Right click and select Paste from the menu in the 'To' field.
Pressing Ctrl + V will also paste the content.
You can easily generate the email address to use of any contact, presenter, or lead in Arlo.
To complete this, you need to ensure your browser (e.g. Internet Explorer) is set up to use your correct email client.
- Open the contact, presenter, or lead record.
- From the toolbar, press Email.
- Your default mail client will open a new email with the contact details of the selected record.
Arlo allows you to send text messages to your registrants using Arlo for Mobile. This lets you reach out to your registrants in more ways.