The following article outlines how to customise and enable the customer portal on your website and what it can be used for.
The portal is currently only available to customers using the Arlo Website. We'll be rolling out the portal for customers using WordPress and Web Controls in the near future.
In this article:
- Feature overview
- Enable and style your customer portal
- Allow customers to update their personal details using the portal
- Set up communication for your customer portal
- Provide contacts access to your customer portal (non-registrants)
Arlo's customer portal is a secure online area which allows your contacts and registrants to:
- Login on your website and speed up the checkout process, Arlo will pre-populate registration information on the registration forms
- View completed and future event information
- Download certificates for completed events (if they have been sent one)
- View and update personal information e.g email address, phone numbers, or postal address etc
- Pay for any outstanding orders
- Cancel their registration or transfer to another date (if allowed)
- Manage waiting list registrations
Once the customer portal has been enabled, you can choose to send registrants portal instructions when they register for an event automatically, and also send portal instructions to existing contacts using a batch action email.
Enable and style your customer portal
Once enabled, you will be able to style and customise the theme of your customer portal to match your website. You can modify the logo, colours, and more. You can also make logging into the portal mandatory for registration.
Allow customers to update their personal details using the portal
You can choose to allow contacts to edit their own personal details within the portal. You can modify the form available to edit by adding sections, headings and descriptions, and choosing which fields to display.
Set up portal invitation instructions for registrants
You can fully customise the portal invitation instructions provided to first-time registrants and existing portal users when a registration has been received. You can also edit a custom invitation to send manually to contacts in your platform.
Provide contacts access to your customer portal (non-registrants)
You may want to provide access to past registrants or existing contacts in your Arlo platform that don't have any registrations, e.g. so that they can update their contact details. You can do this using a batch action or create an account for them on their behalf.