The following instructions describe how to create task sets and apply them to your courses so you don't need to create them individually each time.
- Open the Settings menu.
- Select Task sets.
- A list of existing task sets will be displayed.
- Press New task set.
- Enter the Task set name and Description. This internal information is used to identify your task sets.
When you have finished, press Save and close.
- Select the task set you wish to add a task to
- Press Add task template.
- Select the category of the task.
- Select the Due date of the individual task. This will generally be set based on the course start or end date e.g. 3 days before the event start date.
- Select the Priority of the task.
- Select who the task should be assigned to, and if everyone (with platform access) should be able to see this task in their task lists.
Course manager will assign it to the course manager nominated on the course, if there is one.
Administrator allows you to select a specific administrator to assign the task to for all courses this task template applies to.
Arlo will not change the assignee if the course manager is changed after this task has been created.
- Add specific details to the task that will show on all courses this task template applies to.
- Press Save Task.
- Repeat the above steps for each task you wish to add to the task set.
- When you have finished adding tasks to the task set, press Save and close.
Now that you've set up a task set, learn how to apply task sets to your courses.
Applying a task set to a template adds the tasks automatically to any courses on that template that are created in the future. Doing this will not add any tasks to courses that have already been created. Learn how to apply a task set to a course that already exists.
- Create or edit your course template.
- In the General step, go to the Default task set section.
- Click Add.
- Start typing to search for the task set, then select it.
If you're not sure of the name, press the space bar twice to show the whole list.
- Add any other task sets required.
- Press Save and close.
- Open the course.
- From the toolbar, press Task and select Apply task set.
- Select the task set to apply to this course.
- Press Apply task set.