In this article
The following article explains how you can create and assign different registration policies to your events.
- Add additional registration policies
- Terms and conditions
- Change an event/templates registration policy
Arlo allows you to store a number of registration policies on your platform which you can apply to individual events as needed.
Registration policies allow you to control if self-cancellation and self-transfers should be allowed on an event, and how long before the event they should be allowed for. They also allow you to determine different terms and conditions for your events which are displayed during the checkout process.
Example: Registration policies
- Allow self-cancellations and self-transfers up to 1 day before an event starts
- Allow self-cancellations up to 5 days before an event starts only
- No self-cancellations or self-transfers allows
Add additional registration policies
If you would like to have additional registration policies added your platform, contact Arlo Support with the following information.
- The name of the registration policy e.g. "Self-cancellation"
- The features (self-cancellation and/or self-transfer) you would like enabled on the policy.
- The number of days before an event that self-transfers and/or self-cancellations can be processed up to.
- The terms and conditions that should be used with the policy. Note: If you don't want additional terms and conditions we will use your default terms and conditions.
- The text that should be included in the self-cancellation and self-transfer sections (if being activated) of the event instructions and event reminder emails before the links.
Example: Text that can be defined for self-transfer and self-cancellation email sections.
Arlo allows your customers to cancel their own registrations on some or all of your events. Registrants will be given the option to cancel their registration entirely on the event instructions email (registration confirmation). You can allow your registrants the ability to self-cancel up to one day before an event starts.
When registrants self-cancel, Arlo will correctly update the registrations count, places remaining, and waiting list feature as applicable. It will also send a cancellation notice to the registrant, and an order change notification to the billing contact if an order is associated with the registration (to state which registrations have been cancelled).
Important: Order states will not change and refunds will not be applied automatically. All optional extras tied to a registration will also be cancelled (if used on an event with optional extras). Self-cancellation is not supported on online activities.
Example: Self-cancellation section on event instructions sent to registrants
Arlo gives you the ability to allow your customers to transfer themselves to another date, on some or all of your events that have more than one date available. You can allow your registrants the ability to self-transfer up to one day before an event starts. Registrants will be given the option to transfer to another date/time on the event instructions email (registration confirmation).
When registrants self-transfer, Arlo will correctly update the registrations count, places remaining, and waiting list feature as applicable. The following article describes how to allow self-transfers on your events.
Important: Transfers cannot be applied to private events, GoToWebinar events, multi-session events with a choice of options, or online activities.
Example: Self-transfer section on event instructions sent to registrants
Terms and conditions
Your platform can have multiple sets of terms and conditions, as they can be tied to separate registration policies.
If a registrant adds multiple events to their cart with different registration policies, the checkout will display the terms and conditions for each policy separately.
The terms and conditions tied to your default registration policy can be edited within the management platform. Learn how to edit your default terms and conditions or learn how to add additional sets of terms and conditions for your events.
Change an events registration policy
The following process describes how to change an existing events registration policy. You also can choose the registration policy an event should use when setting up the event.
- Open the Events menu.
- Find and select the event you would like to edit.
- Press Edit.
- Select the Registrations tab.
- From the Registration policy drop-down, select the policy you would like to apply.
- Press Save or Save and close.