The following article describes key troubleshooting instructions for common error messages displayed when using Arlo for Mobile.
If you are using the app, ensure your mobile device meets the technical requirements.
You (or your customer) may receive the following error when they input an incorrect email or password.
Firstly, ensure there are no spaces before or after the email address. You can also check what email is used as the username by following the steps below:
- Find and select the contact record you want to check.
- Click Edit.
- Under the Security tab, confirm the email used in the Username field
- If the email is wrong, update it.
If the password is incorrect, they can reset their password by following the process below.
- Enter the platform name.
- Press Login.
- Follow the process as outlined in the Reset an existing password article.
Ensure that the contact associated with the mobile app user is the only contact in Arlo with that email address and that the contacts username and email are the same.
You can check if there is another contact with your email address by entering the email address in the global search.
How to update the email used for a contacts username
- Open the user (administrator, presenter) you would like to update.
- Press Edit from the toolbar.
- Select the Security tab.
- Input (or paste) the email address into the Username field.
- Press Save.
If the following message is displayed when you attempt to login to Arlo for Mobile or access courses and registrations where you are not course presenter, your Arlo administrator is required to update your user security settings and enable the API role.
Presenters can only access the courses/sessions they are set to present on. Arlo administrators can access all courses.
Set the correct access for contacts
- Set up the presenter or administrator access for the user.
- If presenters need access to courses they are not presenting they will need to be assigned an administrator role.